The 15-Month MS in Accounting/MBA at D’Amore-McKim
Our MS in Accounting/MBA is specifically designed to get non-accounting majors aligned with the fast changing business world, and started on a new career. We offer a robust, accelerated curriculum that delivers the insight and expertise you need, in just 15 months.
2 Degrees in 15 Months
- Earn an MS in Accounting and an MBA and become qualified to sit for the CPA exam after just 15 months with no prior accounting experience required
- Curriculum approved by the Massachusetts Board of Public Accountancy provides comprehensive preparation to be successful on the CPA exam and beyond
3 Month Paid Corporate Residency
- 3 months of in-depth experience at a leading accounting firm during accounting busy season integrated into the 15-month program
- $15K average earnings for students during paid corporate residencies in recent years
0 Years of Accounting Experience Needed
- Leverage your liberal arts or sciences education into a successful accounting career
- Employ transferable skills including problem-solving, creative thinking, communications and information technology
History of Success
Transform your life with first-hand knowledge in the field of accounting, enhanced leadership and communication skills, and the confidence to hit the ground running.
- The Graduate School of Professional Accounting (GSPA) has been training non-accounting majors to become CPAs for over 50 years with a network of over 2000 graduates
- Alumni have a significant presence in Boston and New York offices of Big 4 and other national firms; including current partners, directors, managers and associates
- 100% of graduates over the last four years have accepted full time job offers at top firms such as Deloitte, EY, KPMG, PwC, BDO and others.
Meet Some of Our Students
“The accounting internship enabled me to build the self-confidence necessary to excel at work and also gave me the opportunity to develop strong relationships within the company that will help me begin my full-time career on the right foot,” says Sponsel.
“The whole experience is very rewarding and the program has a great track record of setting its graduates up for success,” says Hammerly. “You can’t beat the industry connections and the internship placement process!”
“The way the MSA/MBA program is structured allows someone without any accounting experience to gain the skills needed to launch a career in professional accounting,” says Sundquist. “However, it goes beyond that and combines it with additional business courses to ensure each student gets a well-rounded education.”
Upcoming Future Student Events
Webinar: Taking the GMAT
Hear from the admissions staff at the Graduate School of Professional Accounting as we discuss taking the GMAT
Accounting Hockey Night
Watch the Northeastern Huskies take on the Maine Black Bears alongside students, alumni and staff.
Graduate School of Professional Accounting – Program Preview Day
Learn more about Careers in Public Accounting and our MS in Accounting + MBA dual degree during this half-day event. More information will be provided closer to the event.
Learn More About Admissions
Visit with us and see first hand Northeastern University’s world class facilities, urban campuses and engaging classrooms in action.
Find the deadlines and decision dates you need to know. Submit your application by the earliest date possible for priority consideration.
From application requirements to application steps, find out everything you need to know to apply to D’Amore-McKim.