D’Amore-McKim offers students majoring in Business Administration or International Business the ability to complete a master’s degree in a fraction of the time with PlusOne accelerated master’s.
Requirements for coursework and admission vary between programs. Careful curriculum planning with your undergraduate academic advisor is essential to ensure you’re eligible and ready to start your masters-level coursework.
- Double-count Your Coursework – Credits earned count toward a bachelor’s and master’s degree, allowing you to receive your graduate degree sooner than you would in a traditional master’s program
- Cut Down On Costs – The credits you earn while you are an undergraduate student will count towards your master’s degree at no additional cost to you
- Gain a Competitive Edge – By 2022, 18 percent of jobs will require a master’s degree, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics
PlusOne consists of the following:
- Undergraduate program requirements,
- Undergraduate prerequisites required for the graduate program (usually the requirements will include a concentration in the area of the graduate degree),
- Graduate courses double-counted towards both the undergraduate and graduate degrees, and
- Graduate courses counted towards the graduate degree.
Choose Your Program
For BS in Business Administration Students
Prepare for an accounting career by starting your master’s degree while still an undergraduate—and earn the credit hours you need to sit for the CPA exam.
For BS in International Business Students
Prepare for a career in the global marketplace by starting your master’s degree while still an undergraduate.
Meet Some of Our Students
“Today, I am proud to say that I was able to graduate from undergrad in four and a half years with over one year of full-time work experience at a Big Four accounting firm, and half of my master’s degree already complete,” says Secchia.
“I was able to leverage the analytical skills I learned through my education in accounting to pursue a new career in talent acquisition,” says Fingar.
“I knew I had both the expertise and experience to stand out because of my professional and personal experience while attending Northeastern.”
“Get out of your comfort zone. I promise you the personal and professional rewards will be worth it.”
- A maximum of 16 undergraduate semester hours of credit may be waived via graduate course sharing. Course credits waived via any course credit sharing will be at the undergraduate level only.
- A minimum of 14 semester hours at the graduate level (after completion of the undergraduate requirements) are required for the master’s degree.
- Students will complete the requirements for both degrees, except for any sharing of graduate course credits approved for the PlusOne Program.
- The undergraduate degree will be awarded at the completion of undergraduate requirements.
- After the completion of the fall term of their senior year, the student will be in the graduate program for the remainder of their program with coursework appearing on their graduate transcript.
- Tuition and services (such as campus housing availability) will align with the student’s current status.
- Students enrolled in a PlusOne program are not eligible for any scholarships, including the Double Husky scholarship.