Graduate Admissions FAQ
Applying to college and graduate school is a complicated decision, and we want to make the process as smooth as possible. Below you'll find answers to commonly asked questions our admissions officers field. Do not hesitate to contact us with additional questions, should you have any.
As you prepare your graduate business application, learn about our application requirements, what we look for in an applicant, and how we evaluate your application through this brief video.
D'Amore-McKim offers application fee waivers to applicants that meet at least one of the following criteria:
U.S. Military servicemembers and veterans—please provide proof of service which could include a copy of your military ID, military orders, DD-214, or other documentation.
Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, or Teach for America volunteers who have served within the past three years—please provide proof of membership that includes the name of the organization and dates of service.
Posse, ROMBA, or Prospanica members—please share your participation including the name of the organization.
Citizens of one of the United Nations (UN) least developed countries.
Current Northeastern University community members, including alumni, current students, Global Pathways, and employees.
Applicants meeting the requirements above should request a fee waiver by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org after starting an application. Please provide two weeks before the application deadline to allow processing time. Requests must include your application ID number and proof of eligibility.
We're working to provide you with many opportunities to engage with our community through a series of exciting virtual activities. Our currently scheduled list of events will continue to be updated with new events as they are scheduled.
You will use different application systems for different programs. Please visit Start Your Application to find the right one.
If you are invited to participate in an interview, your interview will be virtual. Our admissions representatives look forward to connecting with you online and will provide you with all of the details when you set up your interview.
- Under the new policy, you'll be able to choose whether or not to submit a GMAT or GRE score. If you don't submit a GMAT or GRE test score, you will not be penalized or disadvantaged. All applicants will be fully considered for admission and for any merit scholarships.
- You may submit a GMAT or GRE test score if you feel it would enhance your application. Unofficial scores should be reported in your online application and official scores should be submitted to D'Amore-McKim through the testing agency.
- English proficiency, both written and verbal, is necessary for success in D'Amore-McKim classrooms. Please review our English Language Proficiency policy below.
Full-time MBA: GMAT, 276-C0-88; GRE, 8332
Online MBA: GMAT, 276-C0-88; GRE, 8332
Part-time MBA: GMAT, 276-C0-92; GRE, 8335
JD/MBA: GMAT, 276-C0-88; GRE, 8334
LLM/MBA: GMAT, 276-C0-07; GRE, 8339
MS in Accounting: GMAT, 276-QH-99; GRE, 6924
MS in Accounting/MBA: GMAT, 276-QH-86; GRE, 7489
MS in Business Analytics: GMAT, 276-C0-51; GRE, 7508
MS in Finance/MBA (full-time or part-time): GMAT, 276-C0-26; GRE, 8333
MS in Finance (full-time or part-time): GMAT, 276-C0-53; GRE, 7920
MS in International Management: GMAT, 276-C0-84; GRE, 8338
MS in Management (MS x): GMAT, 276-C0-58; GRE, 8338
TOEFL iBT (all programs): 3671 (program code); 02 (department code)
PTE (all programs): W9H-K8-65
IELTS: There is no IELTS code. When you register there is a drop-down where you can select Northeastern University – D'Amore-McKim.
Duolingo: There is no Duolingo code. To have your results shared with us, please select “Northeastern University D'Amore-McKim School of Business” from the graduate school list.
In addition to the general admissions requirements, the following apply to international candidates.
English proficiency, both written and verbal, is necessary for success in D'Amore-McKim classrooms. If you are not a native English speaker, we require a standardized test of English language proficiency unless you completed a bachelor's or master's degree at an accredited institution where English is the language of instruction, or you have worked full-time for two years in the United States or other native English-speaking environment.
Demonstrating Proficiency with Test Scores
We accept the following English language proficiency test scores: TOEFL iBT®, IELTS, Duolingo, and PTE Academic. Enter your scores and upload a scanned copy of your results as a document in your online application. Results from these tests are valid for two years.
We do not accept TOEFL's MyBest™ scores.
In addition to the standard application requirements, we also require a passport and English translations of academic transcripts.
If you are neither a citizen nor a permanent resident of the United States, you must submit a scanned copy of your passport into the Supplemental Section of your online application.
Any scanned academic transcripts that you submit through our application must include an English translation. Include all postsecondary educational institutions you have attended—as well as any technical or professional schools—and your diploma or degree earned. Do not include transcripts from your secondary school or high school.
Until further notice, we are not accepting paper copies of admissions documents submitted through the mail. All documents sent to the Graduate Admissions Team must be in electronic format. Please send documents in either PDF or Word format to email@example.com.
Official transcripts can still be sent via email by National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment, or eScript-Safe and official test scores can still be submitted through MBA.com (GMAT), ETS.org (GRE/TOEFL) or IELTS.org.
Please note that you may submit your application at any time. We will create an admissions file for you and will add supporting materials, such as your official test scores or letters of recommendation, as we receive them.
Yes. If you have applied for a graduate business program within the last year, you must submit the following to re-apply:
- A completed Admission Application. Please note, when you complete your application, select the check-box to indicate that you are re-applying to the program.
- A non-refundable application fee of $100 USD ($50 for graduate certificate programs) is required. When you apply online, you may pay by credit card. Other payment options are either a check drawn from a U.S. bank or a money order in U.S. currency payable to Northeastern University.
- Be sure to include an updated resume.
- Also, include a new essay that briefly describes why you are re-applying to the program; notes any changes that have occurred since you last applied; and highlights new qualifications that the Admissions Committee should be aware of as they evaluate your application.
- Be sure to include any new official transcript(s) and TOEFL, Duolingo, IELTS, or PTE Academic test scores that you have received since the last time you applied to the program.
You can explore Northeastern's Boston campus right from your laptop or tablet at YouVisit.com/Northeastern.
Additional Questions? We Can Help!
We're available for virtual meetings and look forward to connecting with applicants. Schedule a 15-minute phone conversation with one of our admissions representatives.