Successful businesses need professionals with a strong background in accounting and finance who can create innovative solutions to complex problems. By earning your Graduate Certificate in Accounting and Financial Decision Making—in just five or six courses—you’ll build the skills necessary to analyze financial statements, identify the strategic implications, assess risk, and make informed decisions.
- Program Structure: 5–6 courses
- Class Schedule: Monday–Thursday evenings at 5:20 p.m. and 7:30 p.m, or 100% online
- Time to Complete: 8 months when studying full-time; 8 months to 3 years when studying part-time; 5 months to 2 years when studying online
countries represented by Northeastern students and faculty
12 or 15
credits may be applied toward a future MBA
among national universities (U.S. News & World Report)
- Increase your understanding of essential financial practices, including identifying and analyzing critical information in corporate financial reports
- Develop your managerial skills by studying time-tested frameworks for decision-making
- Specialize your studies with electives that are relevant to your goals
- Build applied financial experience by joining the student management team of the 360 Huntington Fund—a real fund in Northeastern’s endowment—and researching and presenting your own stock recommendations to a panel of your peers
- Access expert career guidance from an experienced counselor at Northeastern’s office of Employer Engagement and Career Design
- Build the foundation for a future master’s degree from Northeastern—you may be able to apply your certificate credits toward an eligible master’s program
- GMAT Required? No.
- Where do I apply? Apply using this application.
- Interview required? International applicants who are not native English speakers must demonstrate English language proficiency. You may demonstrate this in one of two ways: submit your test score from TOEFL iBT, IELTS, or PTE academic; or complete an intake interview.
Need guidance on completing your application? The application checklist provides step-by-step instructions and tips from our admissions team.
Need guidance in composing the personal statement for your application? The essay guide will help you organize your thoughts and draft your copy.
There are three entry terms each year in January, May, and September.
Please visit the Northeastern Student Financial Services page. Click the dropdown under “Graduate Programs” and you’ll find the cost per credit listed next to “D’Amore-McKim School of Business Programs.”
At Northeastern, we value and celebrate diversity in all its forms and strive to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds community, which is vital to learning and discovery.
Scholarships and Fellowships
D’Amore-McKim offers and partners with organizations that provide a variety of scholarships and fellowships to foster diversity and inclusion. Examples of these include The Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Graduate Fellowship, Prospansica MBA Scholarship, Posse MBA Scholarship and Reach Out MBA Fellowship.
Clubs and Organizations
Northeastern has many opportunities for you to be engaged with our community. Examples include the following:
The purpose of the GSCC is to build community for graduate students of color at Northeastern University by promoting education, professionalism, and civic duty. The GSCC fosters student, staff, and faculty relationships to establish a campus home for higher education at Northeastern. Through civic engagement with surrounding communities, the GSCC recognizes the continued struggles of marginalized populations, and the need for those who have succeeded to give back.
Grad Q is a student organization for LGBTQ+ graduate students at Northeastern. Grad Q is focused on building community, social events, advocacy, and mentoring undergraduate students.
We have a number of cultural centers on campus to support our campus community by providing programs, lectures, and events for students with a range of affiliations and interests including the LGBTQA Resource Center, Office of Global Services, Latinx Student Cultural Center, Asian American Center, and many more.
In all formats, you’ll learn from faculty—financial experts, consultants, and respected industry leaders—who belong to the #1 behavioral accounting research group in the country. You’ll study alongside a diverse group of students with a mix of industry and academic backgrounds.
Your coursework will explore the essentials of financial strategy, financial reporting, and information analysis. You’ll dive into topics such as . . .
- Financial statement preparation and analysis
- Resource acquisition
- Capital budgeting and structure
- Strategic decision-making
- Risk management
- Information technology
Choose Your Format
Study on our Boston campus and complete the program in eight months. Full-time study is F-1 visa compliant.
Study on our Boston campus at the pace that works for you.
Earn your certificate from anywhere in our 100% virtual format.
Meet Some of Our Students
“D’Amore-McKim School of Business helped me to connect my practical experience with business theory to build on my existing skills and accelerate my career.” says, Langner
Q&A with Zachary Sletterink, Graduate Certificate in Accounting and Financial Decision Making’18, MBA’20
“My biggest takeaway is how much I learned from these five courses that I can apply to work situations. I’m able to take this knowledge and use it to better my current workspace by recommending new policies and procedures to aid in both functionality and workplace morale.”
Get in touch
Learn More About Campus
Upcoming Future Student Events
Graduate Certificates “Ask Me Anything” en Español
Certificados de posgrado, Hable con la Country Representative, Magda Beltran, para aprender cómo un certificado de posgrado de D’Amore-McKim puede promover sus metas profesionales. Haga cualquier pregunta que pueda tener relacionada con su (s) programa (s) de interés, incluidos los detalles sobre el proceso de solicitud y aplicación.
Graduate Certificates “Ask Me Anything”
Chat with Recruitment Manager, Jelena Pejic, to learn how a graduate certificate from D’Amore-McKim can further your career goals. Ask any questions you may have related to your program(s) of interest, including details about the application process.
Advance your skills for a digital-first economy by building your business expertise, your leadership acumen, and your data and technology skills. Choose from five unique formats based on your needs, interests, and career goals.
Prepare to thrive in a finance industry being transformed by technology and innovation. The full-time quantitative finance coursework is STEM designated; our part-time and online options focus on financial theory and practice.
Build the core skills that prepare you to lead in business—along with advanced financial expertise that gives you unique insight into decision-making. Choose from 19 in-demand concentrations, including our signature non-business MBA x concentrations, and power your learning with unique experiences, such as our high-impact corporate residency.