Discover more about Hybrid NUflex–a model designed to comply with density restrictions and provide flexibility to our faculty and students starting in Fall 2020.
Accounting is a foundation of any successful business venture. Individuals with the knowledge and experience to make informed financial decisions are highly valued contributors in businesses across the globe.
In the Graduate Certificate in Accounting and Financial Decision Making you will have the opportunity to explore topics such as financial risk management, value creation, and information analysis. Exposure to decision making theory will assist your conceptual understanding of how investors, money managers, and corporate managers make economic and financial decisions.
- Program Structure: Full-time, part-time, or online
- Class Schedule: Courses are offered weeknights, Monday–Thursday, on our Boston campus or 100% online. Boston campus students may also take one course online. International students must complete all of their classes on campus.
- Time to Complete: Campus-based students may be complete the program in as few as three semesters, or spread out as long as three years. Online students may compete their certificate in two semesters, or up to two years. The length of the program may depend on your course selections. International students must complete 15 credits over an eight-month period to be visa compliant.
Study on your own terms. Start your graduate certificate at a time that works for you. You can enter the program in September, January, or May. International students who are studying on an F-1 visa can enter in either May or September.You can choose to enroll in a class just one night a week or accelerate the program by taking a heavier course load each semester.
Build toward something more. The Graduate Certificate in Accounting and Financial Decision Making is a unique opportunity to quickly gain fundamental business knowledge and earn a graduate-level credential from a top ranked university. And that’s just the beginning.
When you are ready to pursue a full graduate degree at Northeastern University, the credits you earn during the certificate program may be applied to eligible D’Amore-McKim master’s programs, including our Part-Time MBA and Online MBA. This is a valuable opportunity to turn your career-impacting graduate certificate into a more advanced professional credential.
- GMAT Required? No.
- Where do I apply? Apply using this application.
- Interview required? International applicants who are not native English speakers must demonstrate English language proficiency. You may demonstrate this in one of two ways: submit your test score from TOEFL iBT, IELTS, or PTE academic; or complete an intake interview.
Need guidance on completing your application? The application checklist provides step-by-step instructions and tips from our admissions team.
Need guidance in composing the personal statement for your application? The essay guide will help you organize your thoughts and draft your copy.
There are three entry terms each year in January, May, and September.
Please visit the Northeastern Student Financial Services page. Click the dropdown under “Graduate Programs” and you’ll find the cost per credit listed next to “D’Amore-McKim School of Business Programs.”
Choose Your Format
Meet Some of Our Students
“D’Amore-McKim School of Business helped me to connect my practical experience with business theory to build on my existing skills and accelerate my career.” says, Langner
“I was able to earn a graduate certificate and apply my credits that I earned in the certificate to the Part-Time MBA program.” says, Sletterink
Get in touch
Learn More About Campus
Position yourself for career advancement with the Graduate Certificate in Business Administration. This graduate certificate is designed to help you develop and refine the skills you need to be a more strategic manager and leader. At the pace that works for you, you can gain the specific knowledge you need to accelerate your career.
Accelerate your career. Move your future forward. Build your core business skills and specialized financial expertise in the Part-Time MS in Finance/MBA.
Gain exposure to both domestic and international financial markets and the securities traded therein with a Graduate Certificate in Corporate Finance.
- Browse All Graduate Programs