Marketing is a dynamic field where you can make a real impact, creating powerful brands that influence people and grow organizations. It’s also a field that moves at light speed thanks to the rise of digital media. To stay on top of trends and seize new opportunities, you need up-to-the-moment skills and knowledge. Our Graduate Certificate in Marketing will keep you ahead of the curve in this new digital-first marketing reality, whether you’re new to the field or looking to advance in your current marketing role.
Graduate Certificate in Marketing Program Overview
- Program Structure: 4–5 courses
- Class Schedule: Monday–Thursday evenings at 5:20 p.m. and 7:30 p.m
- Time to Complete: 8 months when studying full-time; 8 months–3 years when studying part-time; 5 months–2 years when studying online
12 to 15
Credits toward an eligible master’s degree
- Develop critical marketing skills with immediate impact—apply what you’re learning on the job or boost your resume for new opportunities
- Learn innovative marketing strategies for the digital age—informed by Northeastern’s signature focus on the tech economy
- Take an additional elective beyond the required 12 credits to expand your knowledge base (for part-time, on-campus learners only)
- Build your confidence and acumen through Northeastern’s practice-oriented approach to learning—spearheaded by world-class faculty with years of industry experience
- Get expert career guidance from experienced career counselors in Northeastern’s office of Employer Engagement and Design
- Build the foundation for a future degree from Northeastern—you may be able to apply the credits you earn in your certificate to an eligible master’s degree at D’Amore-McKim or the College of Professional Studies
- GMAT Required? No.
- Where do I apply? Apply using this application.
- Interview required? Upon request.
- Eligible for International Student Visa? Yes. This program is F-1 visa compliant.
Need guidance on completing your application? The application checklist provides step-by-step instructions and tips from our admissions team.
Need guidance in composing the personal statement for your application? The essay guide will help you organize your thoughts and draft your copy.
There are three entry terms each year in January, May, and September.
Please visit the Northeastern Student Financial Services page. Click the dropdown under “Graduate Programs” and you’ll find the cost per credit listed next to “D’Amore-McKim School of Business Programs.”
At Northeastern, we value and celebrate diversity in all its forms and strive to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds community, which is vital to learning and discovery.
Clubs and Organizations
Northeastern has many opportunities for you to be engaged with our community. Examples include the following:
The purpose of the GSCC is to build community for graduate students of color at Northeastern University by promoting education, professionalism, and civic duty. The GSCC fosters student, staff, and faculty relationships to establish a campus home for higher education at Northeastern. Through civic engagement with surrounding communities, the GSCC recognizes the continued struggles of marginalized populations, and the need for those who have succeeded to give back.
Grad Q is a student organization for LGBTQ+ graduate students at Northeastern. Grad Q is focused on building community, social events, advocacy, and mentoring undergraduate students.
We have a number of cultural centers on campus to support our campus community by providing programs, lectures, and events for students with a range of affiliations and interests including the LGBTQA Resource Center, Office of Global Services, Latinx Student Cultural Center, Asian American Center, and many more.
In all formats, you’ll be learning from renowned faculty—many of whom are industry leaders, leading consultants, or founders of startups—and you’ll study alongside a diverse group of students with a mix of industry and academic backgrounds.
Through one required core course and three or four electives, you’ll learn how technology is transforming the field of marketing, how to leverage digital tools to communicate effectively with an audience, and how to put your customer at the center of your marketing strategy. You’ll dive into topics such as . . .
- Brand management
- Technology and social media
- Marketing research
- Consumer behavior
- Marketing analysis
- Planning and strategy
Choose Your Format
Learn to thrive in the digital world of modern marketing, at the pace that suits your needs.
Upskill from anywhere and complete coursework on your own time.
Get in touch
Learn More About Campus
Upcoming Future Student Events
Certificado de Pós-Graduação “Ask Me Anything” em português
Converse com a representante do país, Julia Lima, para saber como um certificado de graduação da D’Amore-McKim pode promover seus objetivos de carreira. Faça quaisquer perguntas que possa ter relacionadas aos seus programas de interesse, incluindo detalhes sobre o processo de inscrição.
With Northeastern’s Graduate Certificate in Marketing Analytics, you’ll learn how to collect and analyze data to drive your marketing strategy—and gain deeper expertise in the tools you need to master new media.
Position yourself for leadership by learning to solve complex business problems with data in this STEM-designated program.
Earn an MBA degree that prepares you to meet the challenges of a tech-driven, high-speed business world—on a part-time schedule that works with your life. Choose from 15 in-demand concentrations.