The BSBA/MS in Accounting PlusOne Program provides rigorous training in accounting along with the additional credit hours required for CPA licensure. You will learn from an esteemed faculty, of which over 90% are also full-time practitioners, upholding professional careers in the accounting and tax industries.
Earn Your BSBA and MS in Accounting Concurrently
You can get started on your Masters of Science in Accounting as an undergraduate with the D’Amore-McKim Plus One Program. Designed for academically outstanding students, the program allows you to take up to a total of 15 graduate credits during your senior year and apply those credits toward both your bachelor’s and master’s degrees. You will take three graduate courses in the Summer 2 term between your junior and senior years. Next, you will take two ‘5000’ level courses in the fall semester of your senior year that will count towards both your BSBA and MSA degrees.
The first step is to talk with your undergraduate advisor and an advisor for the MS in Accounting program. Ideally you will start these conversations during your sophomore year or the first term of your junior year so that you are prepared to enroll in the appropriate classes during the summer of your junior year.
What’s the Advantage?
- Double-Count Your Coursework – Up to 16 credits earned count toward a bachelor’s and master’s degree, allowing you to receive your graduate degree one year sooner than you would in a traditional master’s program.
- Cut Down On Costs – Those 16 credits will count toward both your undergraduate and graduate education at no additional cost. All MS in Accounting courses taken prior to your undergraduate graduation will be charged at the undergraduate tuition rate.
- Gain a Competitive Edge – Jobs for accountants is expected to grow by 13% by 2022, according to The Bureau of Labor Statistics. Even during the worst of the Great Recession, unemployment among CPAs was less than half the national average.
- Outearn Your Peers – A recent evaluation by Kiplinger magazine found that graduate degrees in accounting are among those with the highest return on investment.
- A GMAT waiver is available for qualified candidates with an accounting grade point average of 3.25 or better and an overall average of 3.0 or better.
- Meeting with an advisor is mandatory. You can schedule an appointment before you apply or we will schedule an appointment after we receive your application.
- To schedule your advisor meeting or to get your questions answered, email email@example.com or call (617) 373-3244.
Do you have questions about becoming a MS in Accounting PlusOne student? We’d be delighted to speak with you about the opportunity to pursue a graduate degree.