The BSBA/MS in Finance PlusOne Program provides rigorous training in finance, helping to develop your analytical and financial management skills. The curriculum is taught by faculty who are recognized as expert researchers by leading industry journals.
You can get started on your Masters of Science in Finance as an undergraduate with the D’Amore-McKim Plus One Program. Designed for academically outstanding students, the program allows you to take up to a total of 15 graduate credits during senior year and apply those credits toward both your bachelor and master’s degrees. The BSBA/MS in Finance Plus One Program starts in the fall term only. Careful curriculum planning with your undergraduate adviser is important to ensure that you are eligible to join and begin the program in the fall.
Once admitted and enrolled, students must complete 30 credits, including 15 credits of required courses and 15 credits of electives. Students interested in pursuing the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designations should select appropriate electives.
What’s the Advantage?
- Double-Count Your Coursework – Up to 16 credits earned count toward a bachelor’s and master’s degree, allowing you to receive your graduate degree one year sooner than you would in a traditional master’s program.
- Cut Down On Costs – Those 16 credits will count toward both your undergraduate and graduate education at no additional cost.
- Gain a Competitive Edge – By 2022, 18 percent of jobs will require a master’s degree, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Outearn Your Peers – Advanced degree holders earn a salary that averages 35 percent higher than bachelor’s degree holders.
Required Graduate Courses
- FINA 6202: Analysis of Financial Institutions and Markets
- FINA 6204: International Finance Management
- FINA Elective
- FINA Elective
- FINA Elective OR Graduate Business Elective*
Total Fall Semester Credits: 15 credits
- FINA 6205: Financial Strategy
- FINA 6206: Finance Seminar
- FINA 6219: Portfolio Management
- FINA ELECTIVE
- FINA ELECTIVE
Total Spring Semester Credits: 15 credits
*Students are permitted a maximum of 3 non-finance elective credits in this program.
Criteria for acceptance and GMAT/GRE/TOEFL/IELTS waiver:
- Minimum 3.25 cumulative GPA
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in FINA 3301
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in FINA 3303
- Successful completion of at least two co-ops
How to Apply
Candidate submits application for BSBA/MSF Program
- Create a new account for BSBA/MS in Finance
- Select program: MS in Finance (Once student has created an account, log in and begin application.)
- In the application itself, student should select: Program – BSBA/MS in Finance, Entry Term – Fall
- Student can complete the rest of the application and submit when ready
- Application for admission (online application)
- Two letters of recommendation (co-op supervisor(s) or faculty)
- Application fee is waived (contact Admissions for application waiver form)
- Students will complete the requirements for both degrees, except for any sharing of graduate course credits approved for the PlusOne Program.
- A maximum of 16 undergraduate semester hours of credits may be waived via graduate course sharing. Course credits waived via any course credit sharing will be at the undergraduate level only.
- The undergraduate degree will be awarded at the completion of undergraduate requirements.
- After the completion of the undergraduate curriculum in the Fall term, students will be considered a graduate student. At this point, the students will have a graduate transcript for the remainder of their program.
- Tuition and services (e.g., campus housing availability) will align with the student status.
- Students enrolled in the PlusOne Program are not eligible for any scholarships including the Double Husky scholarship.
To learn more about this program, contact your academic adviser today.