Discover more about Hybrid NUflex–a model designed to comply with density restrictions and provide flexibility to our faculty and students starting in Fall 2020.
Our accelerated MS in Accounting program will immerse you in advanced accounting principles—and give you the digital skills you need to be successful in an industry transformed by technology. You’ll also develop a creative and innovative mindset that will help you thrive in times of change.
Designed to build on your undergraduate accounting major, our accelerated MS in Accounting program deepens your expertise by offering coursework in advanced accounting topics and management best practices. You’ll develop the innovative mindset you need to work in today’s evolving industry—and uncertain economy—and data analytics skills will be integrated into your coursework. When you graduate in December, you’ll be fully prepared to sit for the CPA exam and start your new career during accounting’s busy season.
- Program Structure: You’ll complete five advanced accounting courses as part of your core curriculum, and five additional courses in either audit or tax
- Class Schedule: Classes are mostly held in the daytime Monday–Thursday, with some weeknight evening classes, late May through December
- Time to Complete: Seven months of full-time study
job offer rate for new graduates
months to graduate
enrolled students annually
- An accelerated curriculum that allows you to earn your master’s in just seven months
- Analytics skills integrated into your coursework
- A cohort-based program with small class sizes and powerful networking opportunities
- Courses taught by industry-leading faculty with years of experience at Big Four and other public accounting firms
- The option to apply your credits toward a future MBA at Northeastern once your master’s degree is complete
- Lifelong connection to the Graduate School of Professional Accounting, which has close ties to top firms
- GMAT Required? GMAT score required; GMAT is waived for applicants with above a 3.0 GPA and above a 3.25 Accounting GPA.
- Where do I apply? Apply using this application.
- Interview required? Interview by invitation only.
Classes begin in late May.
Please visit the Northeastern Student Financial Services page. Click the dropdown under “Graduate Programs” and you’ll find the cost per credit listed next to “D’Amore-McKim School of Business Programs.”
- Apply for the MS in Accounting program
You’ll choose one of two specialties: audit or tax. The audit track will give you intense exposure to ethics, auditing research, and forensic accounting. The tax track will explore the intricacies of the tax industry and give you a comprehensive understanding of taxation at all levels, from local to international.
Before you get started
Financial & Managerial Accounting
Intermediate Accounting I & II (with U.S. GAAP coverage)
Auditing; U.S. Federal Income Tax
U.S. Business Law
Summer 1 Term
ACCT 6219 | 1 credit
ACCT 6203 | 3 credits
ACCT 6207 | 3 credits
Summer 2 Term
ACCT 6253 | 3 credits
ACCT 6216 | 2 credits
ACCT 6204 | 3 credits
Choose your format
Master the complexities of tax law and planning.
Acquire in-demand skills for a career in audit and assurance.
Meet some of our students
“The only two people hired at EY in the Boston office in January were me and one of my MS in Accounting classmates. I think that’s a real testament to the program.”
“The people that surround me every day are just as eager to learn and develop their careers as I am,” says Dekel, “being around people who are of the same mentality pushes me to really challenge myself.”
“I wanted the best tools at my disposal to provide me the greatest chance of success, and from my experience thus far, that is exactly what the D’Amore-McKim MSA program has given me,” says Chmielinski.