Discover more about Hybrid NUflex–a model designed to comply with density restrictions and provide flexibility to our faculty and students starting in Fall 2020.
A career in finance can take you almost anywhere you want to go—finance is at the core of business decision-making. The fast pace and the complexity of decision-making in today’s financial environment makes the work endlessly exciting and rewarding. Our innovative MS in Finance program—taught with D’Amore-McKim’s signature focus on the tech economy—will prepare you to thrive as a financial expert in an industry being transformed by technology and innovation.
- STEM designation: The quantitative finance curriculum offered for full-time study is STEM designated.
- Program Structure: Full-time students will complete 10 core courses. Part-time and online students will complete six core courses and four elective courses.
- Class Schedule: Classes are held in the daytime, Monday–Friday for full-time students. Classes are held in the evenings, Monday–Thursday for part-time students. Courses may be taken anytime for online students.
- Time to Complete: 1 year when studying full-time. 21 months when studying part-time. Note: Accelerated 10-, 12-, and 15-month tracks are available. 16 months when studying online.
designation offered for full-time study
prepare for the Chartered Financial Analyst exam
Technology and innovation are transforming the industry, expanding the definition of what it means to be a financial expert. If you can develop the skills and knowledge necessary to make good financial decisions in these demanding times, you’ll become the kind of leader that companies can’t afford to do without.
- Prepare for the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®) exam with materials integrated into the curriculum
- Build an outstanding peer and alumni network in the financial services industry
- Get personalized career guidance from the D’Amore-McKim Graduate Career Center
- Qualify to work in the United States for up to 36 months after you earn your full-time degree, if you’re an international student (the full-time format is F-1 visa compliant and STEM designated)
- GMAT/GRE required?: Northeastern has a test-optional policy for the 2021-2022 academic year and does not require a GMAT or GRE score to complete an application for admission. Under the new policy, you can decide whether to submit a GMAT or GRE score as part of your admission application. For more information, review our admissions policies.
- English language proficiency: English proficiency, both written and verbal, is necessary for success in D’Amore-McKim classrooms. For more information, review our admissions policies.
- Where do I apply? Apply for a Boston, MA campus program using this application. Apply for an online program using this application.
- Interview required? By invitation for Boston campus students. Not required for online students.
Please visit the Northeastern Student Financial Services page. Click the dropdown under “Graduate Programs” and you will find the rate next to “Business Administration.”
The MS in Finance at Northeastern—taught three ways: full-time, part-time, and online—is designed to give you a firm grounding in the essentials of finance along with the creative and entrepreneurial mindset you need to navigate the modern financial landscape. The full-time MS in Finance emphasizes the intersection of technology and business analytics with finance, while the part-time and online MS in Finance are laser-focused on financial theory and practice.
Regardless of which format of our MS in Finance you choose, you’ll develop your financial and analytical knowledge and have an opportunity to serve as a manager or analyst in our student-led mutual fund. You’ll learn from world-class finance scholars and business leaders who understand today’s financial challenges because they’ve experienced them firsthand.
Choose Your Format
Our full-time on-campus program is a quantitative, STEM-designated and F-1 visa compliant—and can be completed in just one year.
Our part-time on-campus program offers a flexible schedule for Boston-area students currently working in finance.
Our 100% online program is designed for busy finance professionals and lifelong learners.
Meet Some Of Our Students
“The thing I enjoy the most about this program is the variety of tech skills that I’ve learned so far. And I’ve become close to the people in my cohort.”
“I wanted to study at a top tier university with a strong academic reputation and an involved team in the Career Center. The D’Amore-McKim School of Business ticked all of the boxes.” says, Robert
“When I told my friends that you can actually run a real fund here, they couldn’t believe it. They had never had that opportunity themselves. It’s a really attractive part of the program and gives you experience in investments that a book can’t teach you.”
Get in Touch to Learn More
Learn More About Campus
Our industry-aligned Full-Time MBA program fully integrates world-class academics and meaningful business experience, creating a powerful fusion that informs, inspires, and connects you to the pulse of today’s business world.
World-class academics. Meaningful business experience. Build essential skills for a successful career as a finance leader.
Position yourself for career advancement with the Graduate Certificate in Business Administration. This graduate certificate is designed to help you develop and refine the skills you need to be a more strategic manager and leader. At the pace that works for you, you can gain the specific knowledge you need to accelerate your career.
In the Graduate Certificate in Investments program, you will gain exposure to both domestic and international financial markets and the securities traded therein through valuation of financial assets and quantitative methods.