Audience: The Graduate Certificate in International Business is designed for professionals that wish to learn what it takes to make business decisions on a global scale in the areas of finance, marketing, supply chain, and more.
The certificate is a valuable standalone credential, but also meant to be a helpful stepping stone. If you later choose to apply for a D’Amore-McKim master’s program, your graduate certificate can give you a head start.
A Graduate Certificate in International Business is a fast, cost-effective way to gain business skills, bolster your résumé, and try out D’Amore-McKim—without the financial or time commitment of enrolling in a full master’s program.
Program Type: Full-time, part-time, or online
- Study at a U.S. News and World Report ranked top 40 U.S. research university.
- Certificate programs are designed for busy professionals. Courses are offered on our Boston campus on weekday evenings Monday through Thursday and during the day on Saturdays. As a Boston campus based student, you may also complete one course online. The online program is 100% online.
- Upon successful completion of a graduate certificate program, you may have the option to apply your credits to eligible MBA or master’s programs at Northeastern University.
- International students who successfully complete a one-year, 15-credit graduate certificate program on campus may be eligible to apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT) work authorization. OPT authorization allows for 12 months of work eligibility in the U.S.
Class Size: Approximately 20 students per term
Class Begins: For Boston campus students, there are 3 entry terms each year in January, May, and September. Due to the class schedule and visa requirements, international students may begin their program in either May or September. For online students there are 9 entry terms throughout the year.
Class Location: Boston, MA or online
Class Schedule: On-campus courses are primarily offered Monday–Thursday during the evening. Some courses are also available on Saturdays. Certificate students may take one course online. International students must complete all of their classes on campus.
Credit Hours: 12–15 credits for Boston campus students. International students must complete a total of 15 credits. Online students complete 13.5 credits.
Time to Complete: The Graduate Certificate in International Business may be completed over the course of just two semesters, or spread out over as long as three years for campus-based students or over two years for online students. The length of the program will depend on your course selections.
Tuition Costs and Fees: Please visit the Northeastern Student Financial Services page. Click the dropdown under “Graduate Programs” and you will find the rate next to “Business Administration.
GMAT/GRE Required? No
Interview Required? International applicants who are not native English speakers must demonstrate English language proficiency. You may demonstrate this in one of two ways:
– submit your test score from TOEFL iBT, IELTS, or PTE academic
– complete an intake interview
Allison Parker, director of business development at The Panther Group, and two alumni talk career advancement and self-paced learning in D’Amore-McKim’s graduate certificates.
Enhance your career potential. Download the program overview and learn how our Graduate Certificate in International Business can advance your professional career.
Are you an International Student? Download the program overview for international students to share the features of the Graduate Certificate in International Business with friends and family.
Need guidance on completing your application? The application checklist provides step-by-step instructions and tips from our admissions team.
Need guidance in composing the personal statement for your application? The essay guide will help you organize your thoughts and draft your copy.