Discover more about Hybrid NUflex–a model designed to comply with density restrictions and provide flexibility to our faculty and students starting in Fall 2020.
Today’s business world is interconnected and international, and employers value professionals who can operate effectively across cultures. Our Graduate Certificate in International Business will prepare you for this environment with high-impact courses on global business issues—plus the chance to learn about finance, marketing, operations, economics, and strategy through an international lens.
- Program Structure: Full-time, part-time, or online. You’ll complete 12–15 credits, depending on chosen format. Full-time international students must complete all classes on campus; part-time students may take one course online; online students will complete all courses remotely.
- Class Schedule: On-campus classes are held Monday–Thursday evenings. Online classes may be taken at any time.
- Time to Complete: Eight months to three years, depending on chosen format.
ranked international business program in the Top 10 by U.S. News & World Report
credits to earn your certificate
By earning your Graduate Certificate in International Business, you will . . .
- Become part of an international business program ranked in the Top 10 by U.S. News & World Report
- Learn from highly renowned faculty with recognized expertise in emerging markets, reverse innovation, talent management, entrepreneurship and innovation, health care management, and corporate governance/ethics
- Earn credits that may be applied toward a future MBA at Northeastern
- GMAT required? No
- Where Do I Apply? Apply for the on-campus program using this application. Apply for the online program using this application.
- Interview Required? International applicants who are not native English speakers must demonstrate English language proficiency. You may demonstrate this in one of two ways: submit your test score from TOEFL iBT, IELTS, or PTE academic; or complete an intake interview.
Need guidance on completing your application? The application checklist provides step-by-step instructions and tips from our admissions team.
Need guidance in composing the personal statement for your application? The essay guide will help you organize your thoughts and draft your copy.
Please visit the Northeastern Student Financial Services page. Click the dropdown under “Graduate Programs” and you will find the rate next to D’Amore-McKim School of Business Programs.
The Graduate Certificate in International Business is designed to help professionals and recent graduates build specialized knowledge in areas highly relevant to the global business environment. All three program formats include two required courses. You can then choose electives from your program that build the specific skills you need—for example, supply chain, finance, or marketing.
Choose your format
Meet Some of Our Students
“I wanted to be a part of a school and program that had the ability to deliver above and beyond their reputation and my expectation, so I chose Northeastern” says Buckner.
“D’Amore-McKim has all the things that I needed. The course curriculum, small classes, dedicated professors, kind and diverse classmates, and the OPT opportunity all have supported me to improve academically and practically” says Nguyen.
“The resources provided by the university and the quality of the lectures has allowed for me to gain an education which is at the forefront of business innovation, entrepreneurship, and the importance of a global mindset in business” says Venables
Get in Touch
Learn More About Campus
Upcoming Future Student Events
Graduate Business Programs Virtual Info Session
Not sure which graduate business program may be the best fit for you? Join faculty, students and the admission team for an on-campus information session to hear about the different D’Amore-McKim graduate business programs and the ins-and-outs of the application process.
Graduate Certificates Virtual Coffee Chat
Join Admissions representatives for an informal, webinar information session to learn what makes the D’Amore-McKim Graduate Certificate Programs distinctive and the ins-and-outs of the application process.
To achieve success, you need more than just a good idea. You need entrepreneurial know-how to create new product lines and services from innovations, strong business models, go-to-market strategies, and business plans for investors.
Challenge your perspective. Move your future forward. Accelerate your career, on your schedule, with the Part-Time MBA at D’Amore-McKim.
This specialized program will help you build the foundational business knowledge required to commercialize theories you have or products you are developing.