- Robertson, C., Al-Khatib, J. A., Rasheed, M. (2013). A Cross-National Analysis of Corporate Citizenship: Saudi Arabia vs. the United States Corporate Citizenship. Journal of Managerial Issues, 25(3), 284-298.
- Robertson, C., Blevins, D., Duffy, T. (2013). A five-year review, update and assessment of ethics and governance in Strategic Management Journal. The Journal of Business Ethics, 117, 85-91.
- Robertson, C., Diyab, A. A., Al-Khatani, A. (2013). A Cross-National Analysis of Perceptions of OECD Governance Principles. International Business Review, 22(1), 315-325.
- Robertson, C., Born, J., Blevins, D. (2012). Variations in Business Ethics Ideologies in the South Pacific. International Journal of Global Business & Economics, 4(1), 53-61
- Robertson, C., Ralston, D., Crittenden, W. (2012). The Relationship between Cultural Values and Moral Philosophy: A Generational Subculture Theory Approach. Academy of Marketing Science Review, 2(4), 99-107.
- Robertson, Christopher, Ravi Sarathy, Gareth Rees, BALAS, “Mergers and acquisitions in Latin America: Bridging cultures and setting trends”, Lima, Peru. (March 1, 2013).
- Robertson, Christopher, United States Coast Guard Atlantic Area Command, “Navigating Cultural Challenges in the 21st Century”, USCG, Portsmouth, VA. (October 2012).
- Livanis, Grigorios (Presenter & Author), Robertson, Christopher (Presenter & Author), Academy of International Business NE Annual Meeting, “Level of Economic Development and Religion as Information Indices of Supplier Quality”, Academy of International Business NE, Hartford, CT. (October 12, 2012).
- Robertson, Christopher, BALAS, “Energy, Sustainability and Citizenship in Latin America: Strategies for the Future”, Rio de Janeiro. (April 2012).
- Robertson, Christopher, Camposeo, Chris, Faraldi, Katie, BALAS, “Juan Valdez International Expansion”, Rio de Janeiro. (April 2012).
- PhD Strategic Management, Florida State University
- MBA International Management, Florida State University
- BS Accounting, University of Rhode Island
Research & Teaching Interests
Robertson’s primary research interest is in cross-cultural management. Specifically, he is interested in ethical, behavioral, and strategic differences across borders. He has expertise in Latin America and he has spent considerable time in Peru, Colombia, Chile, and Ecuador among other countries. He has taught the Full-time MBA required Global Management course for many years. He also teaches undergraduate international business as well as graduate seminars on global business ethics and corporate citizenship. Robertson has led study abroad courses to Peru, Chile, Argentina, and Brazil for Northeastern MBA students.
Industry & Academic Experience
Prior to joining the Northeastern University faculty, Robertson taught at James Madison University, La Universidad de Salamanca in Spain, Florida State University, and La Universidad San Francisco de Quito in Ecuador. He has also lectured in Israel, Hong Kong, and Chile. His professional experience includes work with toy giant Hasbro, Inc. and a number of small businesses, primarily in the restaurant industry.
Services to the Profession
Robertson is a member of the Academy of International Business, the Academy of Management, and the Iberoamerican Academy of Management. In addition, he serves on the editorial boards for the International Journal of Public Administration, the International Journal of Organization Theory and Behavior, and the Management International Review.
Awards & Recognition
- McCarthy Family Research Fellow, College of Business Administration (January 1, 2006)
- Fulbright Traditional Scholar, U.S. Department of State (January 1, 2006)
- Fulbright Scholar, Fulbright Senior Specialist Program (2004)