- Nicholson, K. A., Odom, C. L. (2018). Taking A Proactive Approach To Change To Secure A Manufacturer’s Future. Global Business and Organization Excellence, 38(2), 6-12.
- Odom, C. L. (March 2018). For Campus To Corner Office: How Co-Ops And Internships Can Help You Win In The Workplace. Jacksonville, Florida: Booknology / Adducent, Inc. Publisher
- Odom, C. L. (June 2018). How Young Leaders Can Gain Respect And Influence At Work. Interview published online with Black Enterprise. Read the interview here.
- Odom, C. L. (June 2018). Q&A: Author Curtis Odom on how to Get Gen Z Workers Excited to Work for You. Interview published online with Monster.com. Read the interview here.
- Odom, C. L. (May 2018). Use Co-op Programs to Discover What Your Workforce Is Missing. Article published online with TLNT. Read the article here.
- Odom, C. L. (May 2018). 5 Crucial Questions For Building Your Internal Messaging Strategy. Article published online with Ragan. Read the article here.
- Odom, C. L. (April 2018). What Does A Great Leader Look Like? Here’s A Checklist. Article published online with TLNT. Read the article here.
- Odom, C. L. (April 2018). How To Lead With Influence Instead Of Authority. Article published online with Ladders. Read the article here.
- Odom, C. L. (April 2018). Why Internships and Co-ops are Crucial to Success. Interview published online with College, Career, Life Blog. Read the interview here.
- Odom, C. L. (April 2018). Millennial workers’ job-hopping trend continues as U.S. labor market tightens. Interview published online with Talk Business & Politics. Read the interview here.
- Odom, C. L. (March 2018). Development Is Not Static. Guest article by Dr. Curtis Odom published online with Succeed As Your Own Boss. Read the article here.
- Odom, C. L. (July 2014). Mind The Gap: Getting Business Results In Multigenerational Organizations. Jacksonville, Florida: Booknology / Adducent, Inc. Publisher
- Odom, C. L. (March 2013). Generation X Approved: Top 20 Keys to Effective Leadership. Jacksonville, Florida: Booknology / Adducent, Inc. Publisher
- Odom, C. L. (January 2012). Stuck In The Middle: A Generation X View of Talent Management. Jacksonville, Florida: Booknology / Adducent, Inc. Publisher
- Odom, C. L., ” Managing & Leading The Gig Economy Workforce”, Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce Leadership Forum, Cambridge, MA., June 2018
- Odom, C. L., “The Role of Cultural Fit In Attracting, Engaging, and Retaining Top Talent”, NAAAHR National Conference, Philadelphia, PA., October 2014
- Odom, C. L., “Bold Leadership: Creating a Culture Of Innovation”, ADP, Inc., AVS Division Annual Leadership Meeting and Customer Conference, Pomona, CA., July, 2014
- Odom, C. L., “The 5Rs of Talent Management for University Leaders”, MOR Associates Annual Leadership Summit and Conference, Chicago, IL., June, 2013
- Ed.D., Organizational Change, Pepperdine University
- M.Ed., Instructional Design, Wayne State University
- B.S., Computer Information Systems, Strayer University
Research & Teaching Interests
Professor Odom has over 20 years of international experience with Fortune 100 companies in the industries of aerospace and defense, software engineering, insurance and financial services, telecommunications, and healthcare. His focus areas are M&A post-merger integration, management consulting, enterprise change management, and organizational effectiveness as a practitioner, researcher, author, and keynote speaker.
Industry & Academic Experience
Professor Odom is an industry leading certified merger and acquisition advisor, certified value growth advisor, and certified professional business coach with Prescient Strategists. Prescient Strategists is a Boston-based international advisory firm focused on delivering large-scale change management, organizational culture, and leadership development solutions to Fortune 100 clients during mergers and acquisitions, and other strategic business transformation initiatives. Prior to joining Northeastern University’s D’Amore-McKim School of Business, Professor Odom taught at Suffolk University’s Sawyer School of Business.
Services to the Profession
Professor Odom is an active member of the Association for Corporate Growth, Alliance of Mergers & Acquisition Advisors, American Mensa, Academy of Management, Association of Change Management Professionals, Strategic Management Society, and Management and Organizational Behavior Teaching Society. Professor Odom’s additional academic accomplishments include certification as a diversity practitioner from Cornell University, and completion of the Entrepreneurship Executive Program from The Sloan School at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
Awards & Recognition
- Best Teacher Of The Year Finalist, D’Amore-McKim School Of Business, May 2018
- Management Consulting Firm of The Year (USA), Corporate LiveWire, London, UK, March 2017
- Post-Merger Integration Advisor of The Year (USA), Corporate LiveWire, London, UK, 2016
- University Outstanding Alumni of the Year, Strayer University, Washington, DC, 2011
- Boston “40 Under 40” Honoree, Boston Business Journal, Boston Massachusetts, 2010