Turning around a troubled company requires a distinct set of skills. Leaders who can build sound financial strategies, solve novel challenges with innovation, and create lasting business value will find themselves in high demand as renewal specialists. By earning your Graduate Certificate in Corporate Renewal, you’ll strengthen these skills and build your capacity for leadership in just four or five courses.
Graduate Certificate in Corporate Renewal Program Overview
- Program Structure: 4–5 courses
- Class Schedule: Monday–Thursday evenings at 5:20 p.m. and 7:30 p.m, or 100% online
- Time to Complete: 8 months when studying full-time; 8 months to 3 years when studying part-time; 5 months to 2 years when studying online
countries represented by Northeastern students and faculty
12 or 15
credits may be applied toward a future MBA
among national universities (U.S. News & World Report)
- Learn to guide companies through workouts, bankruptcies, liquidations, and restructuring—and build strong leadership skills in negotiation and innovation
- Specialize your studies with electives that are relevant to your goals, such as new product development, market strategy, or organizational infrastructure
- Build your confidence and experience through project-based coursework and case studies—key components of Northeastern’s practice-oriented approach to learning
- Access expert career guidance from an experienced counselor at Northeastern’s office of Employer Engagement and Career Design
- Build the foundation for a future master’s degree from Northeastern—you may be able to apply your earned certificate credits toward an eligible master’s program
- GMAT Required? No.
- Where do I apply? Apply for the Boston campus program using this application. D’Amore-McKim leadership has temporarily paused enrollment for online study of this certificate while we build the curricular framework for the next generation of this online program.
- Interview required? International applicants who are not native English speakers must demonstrate English language proficiency. You may demonstrate this in one of two ways: submit your test score from TOEFL iBT, IELTS, or PTE academic; or complete an intake interview.
Need guidance on completing your application? The application checklist provides step-by-step instructions and tips from our admissions team.
Need guidance in composing the personal statement for your application? The essay guide will help you organize your thoughts and draft your copy.
Please visit the Northeastern Student Financial Services page. Click the dropdown under “Graduate Programs” and you will find the rate next to D’Amore-McKim School of Business Programs.
At Northeastern, we value and celebrate diversity in all its forms and strive to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds community, which is vital to learning and discovery.
Clubs and Organizations
Northeastern has many opportunities for you to be engaged with our community. Examples include the following:
The purpose of the GSCC is to build community for graduate students of color at Northeastern University by promoting education, professionalism, and civic duty. The GSCC fosters student, staff, and faculty relationships to establish a campus home for higher education at Northeastern. Through civic engagement with surrounding communities, the GSCC recognizes the continued struggles of marginalized populations, and the need for those who have succeeded to give back.
Grad Q is a student organization for LGBTQ+ graduate students at Northeastern. Grad Q is focused on building community, social events, advocacy, and mentoring undergraduate students.
We have a number of cultural centers on campus to support our campus community by providing programs, lectures, and events for students with a range of affiliations and interests including the LGBTQA Resource Center, Office of Global Services, Latinx Student Cultural Center, Asian American Center, and many more.
In all formats, you’ll learn from world-renowned faculty—industry leaders, leading consultants, and founders of startups—and you’ll study alongside a diverse group of students with a mix of industry and academic backgrounds.
Through core coursework and electives, you’ll explore the fundamentals of corporate turnarounds, focusing on the skills and knowledge you need to guide troubled companies toward a more successful long-term future. You’ll dive into topics such as . . .
- Bankruptcies and liquidations
- Strategic planning
- Value creation
- Management principles
Choose Your Format
Study on our Boston campus and complete the program in eight months. Full-time study is F-1 visa compliant.
Study on our Boston campus at the pace that works for you.
Earn your certificate from anywhere in our 100% virtual format.
The student experience
“With so many businesses shrinking or dying off, there’s a tremendous opportunity for managers with the right education to come in and help turn things around. . . . Helping a business in crisis restructure or discover a new business model is really exciting to me.”
Get in Touch
Learn More About Campus
Upcoming Future Student Events
Graduate Business Programs Mock Class with Professor Martin Dias
Join Professor Martin Dias and admissions representatives at the D’Amore-McKim School of Business. Learn about digital convergence and its impact across many disciplines in business.
Graduate Certificates Virtual “Ask Me Anything”
Chat with Recruitment Manager, Jelena Pejic, to learn how a graduate certificate from D’Amore-McKim can further your career goals. Ask any questions you may have related to your program(s) of interest, including details about the application process.
Certificado de Pós-Graduação “Ask Me Anything” em português
Converse com a representante do país, Julia Lima, para saber como um certificado de graduação da D’Amore-McKim pode promover seus objetivos de carreira. Faça quaisquer perguntas que possa ter relacionadas aos seus programas de interesse, incluindo detalhes sobre o processo de inscrição.
Strengthen your knowledge of finance and global markets, building the skills you need to create and implement financial strategies in a dynamic business environment.
Advance your skills for a digital-first economy by building your business expertise, your leadership acumen, and your data and technology skills. Choose from five unique formats based on your needs, interests, and career goals.
Earn an MBA degree that prepares you to meet the challenges of a tech-driven, high-speed business world—on a part-time schedule that works with your life. Choose from 15 in-demand concentrations.
Earn an MBA degree that prepares you to meet the challenges of a tech-driven, high-speed business world—in an all-virtual, customizable format. Choose from eight in-demand concentrations.