Investment skills are the foundation of any successful business venture. Individuals with the knowledge and experience to make informed investment decisions are highly valued contributors in businesses across the globe. For those already in the banking or investments industries, but looking to enter a role with more decision making responsibilities, our Graduate Certificate in Investments will help you toward that career goal. Our specialized curriculum is focused on precisely your area of interest.
Graduate Certificate in Investments Program Overview
- Program Structure: Part-time
- Class Schedule: Courses are primarily offered Monday–Thursday during the evening. As a Boston campus student, you may take one course online.
- Time to Complete: May be completed over the course of just three semesters, or spread out over as long as three years. The length of the program will depend on your course selections.
- The Graduate Certificate in Investments gives you training that you can use immediately. The skills you learn in an evening class will be useful to you the next morning at work. At D’Amore-McKim School of Business, you won’t find theoretical training for a theoretical future—you’ll have the opportunity to gain practical, real-world knowledge rooted in the realities of working life.
- Certificate programs are designed with working professionals in mind. Courses are offered on weeknights, Monday–Thursday, on our Boston campus or online. You can choose to enroll in a class just one night a week or accelerate the program by taking a heavier course load each semester.
- Upon successful completion of a graduate certificate program, you may have the option to apply your credits to eligible MBA or master’s programs at D’Amore-McKim.
- GMAT Required? No.
- Where do I apply? Apply using this application.
- Interview required? Upon request.
- Eligible for International Student Visa? No. This program is not F-1 visa compliant.
Need guidance on completing your application? The application checklist provides step-by-step instructions and tips from our admissions team.
Need guidance in composing the personal statement for your application? The essay guide will help you organize your thoughts and draft your copy.
There are three entry terms each year in January, May, and September.
Please visit the Northeastern Student Financial Services page. Click the dropdown under “Graduate Programs” and you’ll find the cost per credit listed next to “D’Amore-McKim School of Business Programs.”
At Northeastern, we value and celebrate diversity in all its forms and strive to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds community, which is vital to learning and discovery.
Scholarships and Fellowships
D’Amore-McKim offers and partners with organizations that provide a variety of scholarships and fellowships to foster diversity and inclusion. Examples of these include The Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Graduate Fellowship, Prospansica MBA Scholarship, Posse MBA Scholarship and Reach Out MBA Fellowship.
Clubs and Organizations
Northeastern has many opportunities for you to be engaged with our community. Examples include the following:
The purpose of the GSCC is to build community for graduate students of color at Northeastern University by promoting education, professionalism, and civic duty. The GSCC fosters student, staff, and faculty relationships to establish a campus home for higher education at Northeastern. Through civic engagement with surrounding communities, the GSCC recognizes the continued struggles of marginalized populations, and the need for those who have succeeded to give back.
Grad Q is a student organization for LGBTQ+ graduate students at Northeastern. Grad Q is focused on building community, social events, advocacy, and mentoring undergraduate students.
We have a number of cultural centers on campus to support our campus community by providing programs, lectures, and events for students with a range of affiliations and interests including the LGBTQA Resource Center, Office of Global Services, Latinx Student Cultural Center, Asian American Center, and many more.
FINA 6203 | 3 credits
Electives (Select 3 or 4)
FINA 6211 | 3 credits
FINA 6212 | 3 credits
FINA 6213 | 3 credits
FINA 6217 | 3 credits
FINA 6218 | 3 credits
FINA 6219| 3 credits
FINA 6222 | 3 credits
ACCT 6210 | 3 credits
The curriculum is subject to change by D’Amore-McKim faculty. Course offerings may vary by semester.
The student experience
“The idea that I could advance my career with four classes laser-focused on investing really resonated with me.”
Get in touch
Learn More About Campus
Upcoming Future Student Events
QS Virtual World Grad School Tour – Morocco
Visit D’Amore-McKim’s admissions representatives at the QS Virtual World Grad School Tour in Morocco to learn more about the various programs offered through the Graduate School of Business!
Graduate Certificates Virtual Coffee Chat en Español
Certificados de posgrado, Hable con la Country Representative, Magda Beltran, para aprender cómo un certificado de posgrado de D’Amore-McKim puede promover sus metas profesionales. Haga cualquier pregunta que pueda tener relacionada con su (s) programa (s) de interés, incluidos los detalles sobre el proceso de solicitud y aplicación.
QS Virtual World Grad School Tour – Ghana
Visit D’Amore-McKim’s admissions representatives at the QS Virtual World Grad School Tour in Ghana to learn more about the various programs offered through the Graduate School of Business!
Gain exposure to both domestic and international financial markets and the securities traded therein with a Graduate Certificate in Mutual Fund Management.
Earn an MBA degree that prepares you to meet the challenges of a tech-driven, high-speed business world—on a part-time schedule that works with your life. Choose from 10 in-demand concentrations.
Develop a powerful blend of financial and business expertise by combining two advanced degrees—on a part-time schedule that works with your life. Choose from 10 in-demand concentrations.