Building long-term value in today’s global and tech-driven business world requires good financial leadership—and employers need professionals who can make smart decisions quickly in high-pressure environments. In just four or five courses, our Graduate Certificate in Corporate Finance will help you build essential skills for financial decision-making and deepen your knowledge of financial strategy and management.
- Program Structure: 4–5 courses
- Class Schedule: Monday–Thursday evenings at 5:20 p.m. and 7:30 p.m, or 100% online
- Time to Complete: 1 to 3 years when studying part-time; 5 months to 2 years when studying online
12 or 15
credits may be applied toward a future MBA
among national universities (U.S. News & World Report)
- Advance your knowledge of financial strategy, from business planning and analysis to portfolio management
- Specialize your studies with electives that are relevant to your goals, such as mergers and acquisitions or entrepreneurial finance
- Build your confidence and experience through project-based coursework and case studies—key components of Northeastern’s practice-oriented approach to learning
- Access expert career guidance from an experienced counselor at Northeastern’s office of Employer Engagement and Career Design
- Complete your certificate in as few as four courses, with the option for one additional elective to deepen your knowledge
- Build the foundation for a future master’s degree from Northeastern—you may be able to apply your certificate credits toward an eligible master’s program
- GMAT Required? No.
- Where do I apply? Apply for the Boston campus program using this application. D’Amore-McKim leadership has made the decision to temporarily pause enrollment for online study of this certificate while we build the curricular framework for the next generation of this program.
- Interview required? Upon request.
- Pre-requisite for admission? Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance
Need guidance on completing your application? The application checklist provides step-by-step instructions and tips from our admissions team.
Need guidance in composing the personal statement for your application? The essay guide will help you organize your thoughts and draft your copy.
For Boston campus students, there are three entry terms each year in January, May, and September. For online students, there are six entry terms throughout the year.
Please visit the Northeastern Student Financial Services page. Click the dropdown under “Graduate Programs” and you’ll find the cost per credit listed next to “D’Amore-McKim School of Business Programs.”
At Northeastern, we value and celebrate diversity in all its forms and strive to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds community, which is vital to learning and discovery.
Clubs and Organizations
Northeastern has many opportunities for you to be engaged with our community. Examples include the following:
The purpose of the GSCC is to build community for graduate students of color at Northeastern University by promoting education, professionalism, and civic duty. The GSCC fosters student, staff, and faculty relationships to establish a campus home for higher education at Northeastern. Through civic engagement with surrounding communities, the GSCC recognizes the continued struggles of marginalized populations, and the need for those who have succeeded to give back.
Grad Q is a student organization for LGBTQ+ graduate students at Northeastern. Grad Q is focused on building community, social events, advocacy, and mentoring undergraduate students.
We have a number of cultural centers on campus to support our campus community by providing programs, lectures, and events for students with a range of affiliations and interests including the LGBTQA Resource Center, Office of Global Services, Latinx Student Cultural Center, Asian American Center, and many more.
In both formats, you’ll be learning from world-renowned faculty—financial experts, consultants, and respected industry leaders—and you’ll study alongside a diverse group of students who will become part of your professional network beyond the program.
Through core coursework and electives, you’ll explore the fundamentals of financial strategy through the study of domestic and international markets. You’ll dive into topics such as . . .
- Value creation
- Investment banking
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Business turnarounds
- Risk management
- Financial ethics
Choose Your Format
Study on our Boston campus at the pace that works for you.
Earn your certificate from anywhere in our 100% virtual format.
The student experience
“The finance courses are relevant to the current moment, and offer so much more than what a textbook alone can teach you. . . . Starting with the milestone of a graduate certificate, with the option to carry credits forward into a future master’s degree, gave me the confidence to get started.”
Get in touch
Learn More About Campus
Upcoming Future Student Events
Graduate Business Programs Mock Class with Professor Martin Dias
Join Professor Martin Dias and admissions representatives at the D’Amore-McKim School of Business. Learn about digital convergence and its impact across many disciplines in business.
Graduate Certificates Virtual “Ask Me Anything”
Chat with Recruitment Manager, Jelena Pejic, to learn how a graduate certificate from D’Amore-McKim can further your career goals. Ask any questions you may have related to your program(s) of interest, including details about the application process.
Certificado de Pós-Graduação “Ask Me Anything” em português
Converse com a representante do país, Julia Lima, para saber como um certificado de graduação da D’Amore-McKim pode promover seus objetivos de carreira. Faça quaisquer perguntas que possa ter relacionadas aos seus programas de interesse, incluindo detalhes sobre o processo de inscrição.
Lead more effectively by strengthening your knowledge of essential practices in accounting and financial reporting.
Prepare to thrive in a finance industry being transformed by technology and innovation. The full-time quantitative finance coursework is STEM designated; our part-time and online options focus on financial theory and practice.
Build the core skills that prepare you to lead in business—along with advanced financial expertise that gives you unique insight into decision-making. Choose from 21 in-demand concentrations, including our signature non-business MBA x concentrations, and power your learning with unique experiences, such as our high-impact corporate residency.
Develop a powerful blend of financial and business expertise by combining two advanced degrees—on a part-time schedule that works with your life. Choose from 10 in-demand concentrations.