Designed for current finance professionals, our Graduate Certificate in Corporate Finance provides essential knowledge for those seeking to advance in the field. Build your financial skills and strategic understanding of how companies finance creation, growth, and the acquisition or disposal of business. In our program, you will have an opportunity to gain industry know-how and agility, as well as the confidence to face uncertain and high-demanding environments with success.
- Program Structure: Part-time or online
- Class Schedule: On-campus courses are primarily offered Monday–Thursday during the evening. Students may take one course online.
- Time to Complete: May be completed over the course of just three semesters, or spread out as long as three years for campus-based students, and as long as two years for online students. The length of the program will depend on your course selections.
- The Graduate Certificate in Corporate Finance gives you training that you can use immediately. The skills you learn in an evening class will be useful to you the next morning at work. At D’Amore-McKim School of Business, you won’t find theoretical training for a theoretical future—you’ll have the opportunity to gain practical, real-world knowledge rooted in the realities of working life.
- Certificate programs are designed with working professionals in mind. Courses are offered on weeknights, Monday–Thursday, on our Boston campus or online. You can choose to enroll in a class just one night a week or accelerate the program by taking a heavier course load each semester.
- Upon successful completion of a graduate certificate program, you may have the option to apply your credits to eligible MBA or master’s programs at D’Amore-McKim.
- GMAT Required? No.
- Where do I apply? Apply for the Boston campus program using this application. Apply for the online program using this application.
- Interview required? Upon request.
Need guidance on completing your application? The application checklist provides step-by-step instructions and tips from our admissions team.
Need guidance in composing the personal statement for your application? The essay guide will help you organize your thoughts and draft your copy.
For Boston campus students, there are three entry terms each year in January, May, and September. For online students, there are six entry terms throughout the year.
Please visit the Northeastern Student Financial Services page. Click the dropdown under “Graduate Programs” and you’ll find the cost per credit listed next to “D’Amore-McKim School of Business Programs.”
At Northeastern, we value and celebrate diversity in all its forms and strive to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds community, which is vital to learning and discovery.
Scholarships and Fellowships
D’Amore-McKim offers and partners with organizations that provide a variety of scholarships and fellowships to foster diversity and inclusion. Examples of these include The Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Graduate Fellowship, Prospansica MBA Scholarship, Posse MBA Scholarship and Reach Out MBA Fellowship.
Clubs and Organizations
Northeastern has many opportunities for you to be engaged with our community. Examples include the following:
The purpose of the GSCC is to build community for graduate students of color at Northeastern University by promoting education, professionalism, and civic duty. The GSCC fosters student, staff, and faculty relationships to establish a campus home for higher education at Northeastern. Through civic engagement with surrounding communities, the GSCC recognizes the continued struggles of marginalized populations, and the need for those who have succeeded to give back.
Grad Q is a student organization for LGBTQ+ graduate students at Northeastern. Grad Q is focused on building community, social events, advocacy, and mentoring undergraduate students.
We have a number of cultural centers on campus to support our campus community by providing programs, lectures, and events for students with a range of affiliations and interests including the LGBTQA Resource Center, Office of Global Services, Latinx Student Cultural Center, Asian American Center, and many more.
Choose Your Format
Get in touch
Learn More About Campus
Upcoming Future Student Events
In the D’Amore-McKim Graduate Certificate in Corporate Renewal program, you will have the opportunity to build your knowledge of business turnarounds, value creation, negotiations, and more to help you propel your success in this exciting and challenging field.
The D’Amore-McKim Graduate Certificate in Accounting and Financial Decision Making will assist your conceptual understanding of how investors, money managers, and corporate managers make economic and financial decisions.
Earn an MBA degree that prepares you to meet the challenges of a tech-driven, high-speed business world—on a part-time schedule that works with your life. Choose from 10 in-demand concentrations.