- PhD Finance, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- MS Biology, Yale University
- BS Chemistry, Peking University
- “Diversification and Cash Dynamics”, March 2017, forthcoming, Journal of Financial Economics. (with Tor-Erik Bakke)
- “U.S. Multinationals and Cash Holdings”, August 2017, forthcoming, Journal of Financial Economics.
- “CEO Incentives and Customer-Supplier Relations”, May 2017, Production and Operations Management.
- University of Massachusetts, Lowell, Seminar Series, “Mergers Spillovers in Collaborative Partnerships”, 2015
- University of Saskatchewan, Seminar Series, “Merger Spillovers in Collaborative Partnerships”, 2015
- University of Oklahoma, Seminar Series, “Diversification and Cash Dynamics”, 2013
- Financial Management Association, Conference, “Managerial Incentives and Firm-Supplier Relations”, 2013
Research & Teaching Interests
Gu's research interests focus on capital structure, mergers and acquisitions, product markets, and other topics in corporate finance using both structural and reduced-form techniques. Gu teaches financial management, investment, and advanced corporate finance at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
Services to the Profession
Gu is a member of the American Finance Association, Western Finance Association, Financial Management Association, as well as an ad hoc referee for finance journals.
Awards & Recognition
- Research Scholarship, Finance Department, UW-Madison, 2010-2011
- Doctoral Student Scholarship, Finance Department, UW-Madison, 2006-2007
- Outstanding Student Award, Peking University, 1999-2003