- PhD International Business, University of Michigan
- MS, Northwestern University
- Eddleston, K., Sarathy, R. & Banalieva, E.R. (2019). When a Global Niche Strategy is Not Enough to Spur Family Firm Internationalization: The Role of External and Internal Contexts. Journal of International Business Studies, (https://doi.org/10.1057/s41267-018-0199-8).
- Banalieva, E. R., Cuervo-Cazurra, A., & Sarathy, R. (2018). Dynamics of pro-market institutions and firm performance. Journal of International Business Studies, 49(7), 858–880.
- Sarathy, with Jennings, J., Eddleston, K., and Jennings, P. Devereaux. Firms within families: Enterprising in Diverse Country Contexts. Edward Elgar Publishing. (2015).
- Sarathy, R., Banalieva, E. Economic development and marketing strategies: a comparative lens. Organizations and Markets in Emerging Economies, 5(1), 2014, p. 49-74.
- Cross-border Acquisitions by Emerging Market Multinationals-in The Competitive Advantage of Emerging Market Multinationals, 284-289. Editors Williamson, Ramamurti, Fleury and Fleury. Cambridge Univ. Press, 2013
- Innovativeness in family firms: a family influence perspective. Small Business Economics, Vol. 38, 2012, pp. 85-101 (with F. Kellermanns, Kim Eddleston and F. Murphy)
- A Contingency Theory of Internationalization-Performance for Emerging Market Multinational Enterprises. (with Elitsa R. Banalieva). Management International Review, Vol. 51(5), 2011, pp. 593-634
- Liability of Foreignness and Internationalization Of Emerging Market Firms. (with Ajai S. Gaur and Vikas Kumar). Advances in International Management, Vol. 24, 2011, p. 211-233.
- The Impact of Regional Trade Agreements on the Global Orientation of Emerging Market Multinationals. (with Elitsa R. Banalieva). Management International Review Volume 50, Number 6 / December 2010, pp. 797-826
- Resource configuration in family firms: Linking resources, strategic planning and environmental dynamism to performance. (with Eddleston, K.A., Kellermanns, F.W) Journal of Management Studies, Vol. 45 (1), Jan. 2008, p. 26-50
- Sarathy, Ravi (Presenter & Author), Eddleston, Kimberly (Author Only), Kumar, K (Presenter & Author), IFERA Annual Conference, “The Influence of Firm, Entrepreneur, and Family Characteristics on Performance: A Study of Indian Entrepreneurs.”, IFERA, St. Gallen Switzerland. (July 2013).
- Sarathy, Ravi (Presenter & Author), BALAS Annual Conference, “Globalization and the Merger of TAM Airlines Brazil and LAN Airlines Chile”, Bus. Assn. Latin American Studies, Lima, Peru. (March 2013).
- Sarathy, Ravi (Presenter & Author), Univ. of Sydney Business School, “Culture, Gender, Family Firm and Entrepreneur Characteristics, and Firm Performance and Work-Life Balance in India and Brazil”, Univ. of Sydney, Sydney Australia. (March 11, 2013).
- Banalieva, Elitsa (Presenter & Author), Cuervo-Cazurra, Alvaro (Presenter & Author), Sarathy, Ravi (Presenter & Author), Academy of Management, “Pro-Market Reforms, Marketing Capability, and Performance of Developing Cuontry Firms”, International Management Division, Boston. (August 2012).
- Sarathy, Ravi (Presenter & Author), Leveraging India: Strategies for Global Competitiveness, “Balancing profitability and the social mission: lessons from the rise and decline of SKS Microfinance”, University of Sydney Business School, Sydney, Australia. (April 11, 2012).
Research & Teaching Interests
Ravi Sarathy’s major research and teaching interests are in international business and global strategy, blockchain development and implementation strategy, family business, and industrial policy.
Industry & Academic Experience
Before joining the D’Amore-McKim School of Business faculty, Sarathy held a LATF Fellowship from Tufts University and consulted and taught in Brazil. He was a Fulbright scholar and held the Fulbright-Flad Chair in Strategic Management at the Technical University of Lisbon in the Spring of 1996. Sarathy has been a visiting professor at HEC, France; Bocconi University in Milan, Italy; Monash University in Melbourne, Australia; the University of Michigan; and at the Fletcher School of Law & Diplomacy, Tufts University. Sarathy is also a Certified Management Accountant (CMA).
Awards & Recognition
2010: Winner, IMD Skolkovo Best Paper on Emerging Markets, Academy of Management