- Sarathy, R. (2013). Innovation Policies and Industry Subsidies: China and the Global Solar Energy Industry”, in Ben Kedia and S. Jain Editors, Restoring America’s Competitiveness through Innovation. (pp. 316-340). Edward Elgar.
- Sarathy, R. (2013). Cross-border Acquisitions by Emerging Market Multinationals-in The Competitive Advantage of Emerging Market Multinationals. Editors Williamson, Ramamurti, Fleury and Fleury. et. al. (pp. 284-289). Cambridge University Press.
- Sarathy, R. (2012). Integrated Strategies for the Base of the Pyramid (2nd Edition ed.). in Handbook of Research in International Marketing, Subhash Jain and David Griffith, Editors. Edward Elgar Publishing Limited, UK.
- Kellermanns, F. W., Eddleston, K., Sarathy, R., Murphy, F. (2012). Innovativeness in family firms: A family influence perspective. Small Business Economics, 38, 85-101.
- Sarathy, R., Terpstra, V., Foley, J. (2011). International Marketing, 10th Edition. (10th Edition ed.). Naper Publishing Group 2012.
- Sarathy, Ravi (Presenter & Author), Eddleston, Kimberly (Author Only), Kumar, K (Presenter & Author), IFERA Annual Conference, “The Influence of Firm, Entrepreneur, and Family Characteristics on Performance: A Study of Indian Entrepreneurs.”, IFERA, St. Gallen Switzerland. (July 2013).
- Sarathy, Ravi (Presenter & Author), BALAS Annual Conference, “Globalization and the Merger of TAM Airlines Brazil and LAN Airlines Chile”, Bus. Assn. Latin American Studies, Lima, Peru. (March 2013).
- Sarathy, Ravi (Presenter & Author), Univ. of Sydney Business School, “Culture, Gender, Family Firm and Entrepreneur Characteristics, and Firm Performance and Work-Life Balance in India and Brazil”, Univ. of Sydney, Sydney Australia. (March 11, 2013).
- Banalieva, Elitsa (Presenter & Author), Cuervo-Cazurra, Alvaro (Presenter & Author), Sarathy, Ravi (Presenter & Author), Academy of Management, “Pro-Market Reforms, Marketing Capability, and Performance of Developing Cuontry Firms”, International Management Division, Boston. (August 2012).
- Sarathy, Ravi (Presenter & Author), Leveraging India: Strategies for Global Competitiveness, “Balancing profitability and the social mission: lessons from the rise and decline of SKS Microfinance”, University of Sydney Business School, Sydney, Australia. (April 11, 2012).
- PhD in International Business, University of Michigan
- MS, Northwestern University
Research & Teaching Interests
Professor Sarathy’s major research and teaching interests are in international business and global strategy, industrial policy, global infrastructure, and the airline and computer software industries.
Industry & Academic Experience
Before joining the D’Amore-McKim School of Business faculty, Professor Sarathy held a LATF Fellowship from Tufts University and consulted and taught in Brazil. He was a Fulbright scholar and held the Fulbright-Flad Chair in Strategic Management at the Technical University of Lisbon in the Spring of 1996. Professor Sarathy has been a visiting professor at HEC, France; Bocconi University in Milan, Italy; Monash University in Melbourne, Australia; the University of Michigan; and at the Fletcher School of Law & Diplomacy, Tufts University. Professor Sarathy is also a Certified Management Accountant (CMA).
Awards & Recognition
2010: Winner, IMD Skolkovo Best Paper on Emerging Markets, Academy of Management