- Wesley, D., & Dau, L. (2017) Complacency and automation bias in the Enbridge pipeline disaster. Ergonomics in Design, 25(1), 17-22.
- Book Contributions:
- Wesley, D., & Puffer, S. (2019) The End of Sand: Confronting One of the Greatest Environmental Challenges of the New Millennium. In Reusable and Sustainable Building Materials in Modern Architecture (pp. 1-27) IGI Global.
- Wesley, D., Roth, A., & Dau, L (2019) Cyberattack, The Maersk Global Supply Chain Meltdown, Academy of International Business Annual Meeting, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Wesley, D., Roth, A. & Dau, L. (2019) Cyberattack: The Maersk Global Supply Chain Meltdown. Ivey Publishing. Includes teaching note.
- Wesley, D. & Roth, A. (2019) Pax Ellevate Global Women’s Leadership Fund: In- vesting Like a Feminist in the MeToo Era. Ivey Publishing. Includes teaching note.
- Wesley, D., & Sultan, F. (2019) Niantic, Inc.: Pokemon Go and the Rise of Augmented Reality Gaming. Ivey Publishing. Includes teaching note.
- Wesley, D., & Montgomery, S. (2019) Flytenow, Inc.: Regulatory Challenges in the Sharing Economy. Ivey Publishing. Includes teaching note.
- Wesley, D., Wade, B., & Puffer, S. (2018) Mining and corporate social responsibility: Scotbar Proprietary Limited. Ivey Publishing. Includes teaching note.
- Featured Case Study, Ivey Publishing, 2018-2019
- Official Selection, CIBER UConn International Case Competition, 2018
- Ph.D., Northeastern University
- MBA University of Western Ontario, Richard Ivey School of Business
- B.Sc. University of Victoria
Research & Teaching Interests
Dr. Wesley’s research encompasses a range of strategic management topics, including international strategy, cultural diversity, intellectual property, and new product development. His award-winning cases have appeared in 30 management textbooks in multiple editions. Dr. Wesley is a co-author of a leading book on video game marketing and innovation. He teaches graduate-level courses in global strategy and culture.
Industry & Academic Experience
Dr. Wesley has worked with numerous companies, ranging from small startups to global multinationals, including IBM, British Airways, and Adidas. He has provided advice on the development of successful Executive MBA programs for two well known American universities. Dr. Wesley is a founding member of the Institute for Global Innovation Management and is one of four faculty members to be awarded the D’Amore-McKim School of Business’s first-ever National Science Foundation grant. He has taught case research to students and faculty in the U.S. and abroad.
Awards & Recognition
Best Selling Author, Ivey Publishing, 2014-2018.