- Innovation and Marketing in the Video Game Industry: Avoiding the Performance Trap, Gower, June 2010, by Wesley, D. and Barczak, G
- Book Contributions:
- The Changing Face of Europe: A Note on Immigration and Societal Attitudes in Race and Ethnicity Reader by Clifford Broman. Cognella, Inc January 2014
- Apple v. Samsung: Intellectual Property and the Smartphone Patent Wars in, Strategic Management 14/e, by John A. Pearce II and Richard B. Robinson. McGraw-Hill/Irwin March, 2014.
- The Launch of the Sony Playstation 3 in Marketing Management, 11 Edition, by J. Paul Peter and James H. Donnelly, Jr. McGraw-Hill/Irwin September, 2012.
- Launch of Durra: Women in Islamic Banking in Bank Management & Financial Services, 8th Ed. by Peter Rose. McGraw Hill Education, September, 2012
- Ph.D., Northeastern University
- MBA University of Western Ontario, Richard Ivey School of Business
- B.Sc. University of Victoria
Research & Teaching Interests
Dr. Wesley’s research encompasses a range of strategic management topics, including international strategy, cultural diversity, intellectual property, and new product development. His award winning cases have appeared in 30 management textbooks in multiple editions. Dr. Wesley is co-author of a leading book on video game marketing and innovation. He teaches graduate level courses in global strategy and culture.
Industry & Academic Experience
Dr. Wesley has worked with numerous companies, ranging from small startups to global multinationals, including IBM, British Airways, and adidas. He has provided advice on the development of successful Executive MBA programs for two well known American universities. Dr. Wesley is a founding member of the Institute for Global Innovation Management and is one of four faculty members to be awarded the D’Amore-McKim School of Business’s first ever National Science Foundation grant. He has taught case research to students and faculty in the U.S. and abroad.
Awards & Recognition
Winning case, EFMD Euro-Mediterranean Managerial Practices and Issues, 2012.
Winning case, Concordia Case Writing Competition, January 2008.
Three of the top 20 best-selling marketing cases (out of 470 cases), Ivey Publishing, January 2009.