Discover more about Hybrid NUflex–a model designed to comply with density restrictions and provide flexibility to our faculty and students starting in Fall 2020.
Gain advanced knowledge of taxation that you can apply to grow your career. Faculty are focused on teaching you to analyze the Internal Revenue Code, gain command of changes in tax legislation, and add value through planning opportunities. Plan for your future, and position yourself for a higher salary with your MS in Taxation.
Those who enroll in our MS in Taxation program may complete their degree full-time, part-time, or completely online. If you study full-time, you may be completed in as few as 12 months. You can commit to courses just one night a week, or accelerate your degree by taking multiple classes that fit your schedule, including classes online. All campus-based classes held after 5 pm.
In this program, you will develop the in-demand taxation skills needed to tackle the issues and challenges encountered in the global marketplace. Our curriculum was designed to focus on immersive, applied knowledge for working professionals looking to take what they learn in the classroom and apply it the very next day in their careers. We combine real-world taxation expertise with forward-thinking academics to help position you for career acceleration.
- Program Structure: 15 credits of required courses and 15 credits of electives.
- Class Schedule: For the part-time and full-time programs, classes are held in the evenings Monday–Wednesday (one night per week for part-time). For the online program, courses may be taken anytime.
- Time to Complete: 1 year when studying full-time. 24-27 months when studying part-time. 20 months when studying online.
Choose What Works Best For You
For tax professionals who want to stay current with industry and economic trends and enhance their tax planning skills, dive into our Full-Time MS on Taxation.
Tight schedule? Looking for resources to immediately advance your career? The Part-Time MS in Taxation fits in with your busy professional life.
Ideal for professionals with backgrounds in finance, accounting, law, and business, our 100% Online Master’s in Taxation degree aims to help build skills to meet the demands of a steadily changing tax industry head-on.
Take the next step in your taxation career by attaining a deep understanding of relevant, practical insights in a dynamic classroom environment.
Expand your professional network by connecting with other tax professionals working in top accounting firms and businesses in Northeastern’s alumni network. Develop relationships with leading professionals currently working in taxation, finance, and accounting that teach many of your classes. And forge relationships with fellow students who are also engaged tax professionals. You will learn from them as they learn from you.
Meet some of our students
“I chose D’Amore-McKim because it fit all my wants as a prospective student, and it has been recognized as a top school nationally for its MS in Taxation program,” Sierra says.
“The MS in Taxation program has enabled me to develop valuable experience in the area of taxation research,” says Aswani.
“You can start implementing all the knowledge that you acquire in your daily routine at work and since tax laws are constantly changing, the program teaches you how to stay current with the new laws and regulations,” says Saviñón.
- GMAT/GRE required? Northeastern has a test-optional policy for the 2021-2022 academic year and does not require a GMAT or GRE score to complete an application for admission. Under the new policy, you can decide whether to submit a GMAT or GRE score as part of your admission application. For more information, review our admissions policies.
- English language proficiency: English proficiency, both written and verbal, is necessary for success in D’Amore-McKim classrooms. For more information, review our admissions policies.
- Where do I apply? Apply for a Boston, MA campus program using this application. Apply for an online program using this application.
- Interview required? By invitation for Boston campus students. Not required for online students.
Deadlines for All MS in Taxation Programs
Please visit the Northeastern Student Financial Services page. Click the dropdown under “Graduate Programs” and you will find the rate next to “Business Administration.”
- Apply for the Full-Time MS in Taxation
- Apply for the Part-Time MS in Taxation
- Apply for the Online MS in Taxation
Get in Touch to Learn More
Learn More About Campus
Advance your previous accounting studies with your MS in Accounting. A fast track to your CPA exam and a rewarding career.
Prepare to meet the new technological demands of today’s accounting industry.
Graduate level accounting knowledge is needed to accelerate your career in this fast-paced field. Position yourself to get ahead faster as you gain the additional credit hours required for CPA licensure with our PlusOne MS in Accounting for BSBA students.