- Mammen, J., Alessandri, T., & Weiss, M. (in press). The Risk Implications of Diversification: Integrating the Effects of Product and Geographic Diversification”, Long Range Planning.
- Alessandri, T., Mammen, J., & Eddleston, K. (2018) “Managerial Incentives, Myopic Loss Aversion, and Firm Risk: A Comparison of Family and Non-family Firms”, Journal of Business Research, 91: 19-27.
- Alessandri, T., Cerrato, D., & Eddleston, K. (2018) “The Mixed Gamble of Internationalization in Family and Nonfamily Firms: The Moderating Role of Organizational Slack”. Global Strategy Journal, 8(1): 46-72.
- Cerrato, D., Alessandri, T., & Depperu, D. (2016) Economic Crisis, Acquisitions and Firm Performance, Long Range Planning, 49, 171-185.
- Alessandri, T., & Seth, A. (2014) “International and Business Diversification and Managerial Ownership: An Efficient Incentive Contract Approach”, Strategic Management Journal, 35, 2064-2075.
- Alessandri, T., & Pattit, J. (2014) “Drivers of R&D Investment: The Interaction of Behavioral Theory and Managerial Incentives”, Journal of Business Research, 6,: 151-158.
- Alessandri, T., Tong, T., & Reuer, J. (2012) “Firm Heterogeneity in Growth Option Value: The Role of Managerial Incentives”. Strategic Management Journal, 33, 1557-1566.
- Tong, T., Alessandri, T., Reuer, J., & Chintakananda, A. 2008. “Sources of Valuable Growth Options: A Multi-Country Analysis”. Journal of International Business Studies, 39, 387-405.
- Cerrato, D., La Rocca, M., and Alessandri, T. “Performance Benefits of Unrelated Diversification in Weak Financial Contexts: Industry- and Firm-Level Financial Contingencies”, Strategic Management Society, 2019.
- Cerrato, D., La Rocca, M., and Alessandri, T. “The Value of Unrelated Diversification: The Role of Industry- and Firm-Level Financial Contingencies”, Academy of Management, 2019.
- Alessandri, T. “Is There a Family Firm Discount? An Investor Perspective on Heterogenous Family Firm Influences”, Academy of Management”, 2018.
- Alessandri, T. “Is There a Family Firm Discount? An Investor Perspective on Heterogenous Family Firm Influences”, European Academy of Management, 2018.
- Drori, N., Alessandri, T., Bart, Y., Herstein, R., and Berger, R. “Internet-based business operations: A driver for Internationalization”, Academy of International Business, 2018. Nominated for Best Paper Award
- Cerrato, D., & Alessandri, T. “Global and Regional Strategies of Multinational Enterprises: A Behavioral Theory Perspective”, Academy of Management, 2017.
- Ph.D. Strategic Management, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- M.B.A. (Concentration in Accounting), Boston University, with honors
- B.A. Economics (Minor in Mathematics), Connecticut College
Research & Teaching Interests
Professor Alessandri’s research explores the intersection of strategic management and financial theory, particularly around the drivers and outcomes of strategic investments. Current research projects focus on examining business and international diversification in different contexts and exploring the nature of the advantages of family involvement. Professor Alessandri teaches several strategy-related courses including Strategy in Action (undergraduate), Strategic Planning (graduate), and Global Consulting Projects (graduate).
Industry & Academic Experience
Prior to joining Northeastern University, Professor Alessandri served as an assistant professor in the management department of both Providence College’s School of Business and Syracuse University. Earlier in his career, he worked as a senior financial analyst for Lifeline Systems, Inc. and senior associate for PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Services to the Profession
Professor Alessandri currently serves on the editorial board for Journal of Management, Journal of Strategy and Management, and Organizational Research Methods. He has also been the ad hoc reviewer for several publications, such as Academy of Management Journal, Strategic Management Journal, and Journal of International Business Studies.
Awards & Recognition
Joseph G. Riesman Research Professorship, College of Business Administration, Northeastern University, 2011-2013
College of Business Administration Best Teacher Award Winner, 2011
Nominated for Northeastern University Excellence in Teaching Award, 2011