- Cerrato, D., Alessandri, T., & Depperu, D. (2016) Economic Crisis, Acquisitions and Firm Performance, Long Range Planning, 49, 171-185.
- Alessandri, T., & Seth, A. (2014) “International and Business Diversification and Managerial Ownership: An Efficient Incentive Contract Approach”, Strategic Management Journal, 35, 2064-2075.
- Alessandri, T., & Pattit, J. (2014) “Drivers of R&D Investment: The Interaction of Behavioral Theory and Managerial Incentives”, Journal of Business Research, 6,: 151-158.
- Alessandri, T., Tong, T., & Reuer, J. (2012) “Firm Heterogeneity in Growth Option Value: The Role of Managerial Incentives”. Strategic Management Journal, 33, 1557-1566.
- Tong, T., Alessandri, T., Reuer, J., & Chintakananda, A. 2008. “Sources of Valuable Growth Options: A Multi-Country Analysis”. Journal of International Business Studies, 39, 387-405.
- Alessandri, T., Mammen, J., Eddleston, K. (2015) “Family Firms’ Tolerance for Risk: A Downside Risk Perspective”, Strategic Management Society.
- Alessandri, T., Mammen, J., & Weiss, M. (2015) “The Risk Implications of Business and Geographic Diversification: A Comparison and Empirical Test of Theoretical Perspectives”, Academy of Management.
- Alessandri, T., & Seth. A. (2014) “International Diversification and the Nature of Value Creation: A Real Options Perspective”, Strategic Management Society.
- Pattit, J., & Alessandri, T. (2014) “The Impact of Changes to TMT Wealth on Resource Allocation Decisions”, Academy of Management.
- Alessandri, T., & Seth, A. (2013) “International Diversification and Growth Option Value: Growth Opportunities in Advanced and Emerging Markets”, Academy of International Business.
- Ph.D. Strategic Management, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- M.B.A. (Concentration in Accounting), Boston University, with honors
- B.A. Economics (Minor in Mathematics), Connecticut College
Research & Teaching Interests
Professor Alessandri’s research explores the intersection of strategic management and financial theory, particularly around strategic investments. Current research projects focus on the drivers and outcomes of business and international diversification, with emphasis on the effects of ownership structures and real options. Professor Alessandri teaches several strategy-related courses including Strategy in Action (undergraduate), Strategic Decisions for Growth (graduate), Strategic Decisions in Times of Uncertainty (graduate), and Global Markets (graduate).
Industry & Academic Experience
Prior to joining Northeastern University, Professor Alessandri served as an Assistant Professor in the Management Department of both Providence College’s School of Business and Syracuse University. Earlier in his career, he worked as a Senior Financial Analyst for Lifeline Systems, Inc. and Senior Associate for PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Services to the Profession
Professor Alessandri currently serves on the Editorial Board for Journal of Management, Journal of Strategy and Management and he formerly served on the Editorial Board for Corporate Reputation Review. He has also been the Ad hoc Reviewer for several publications, such as Academy of Management Journal, Strategic Management Journal, and Journal of International Business Studies.
Awards & Recognition
Joseph G. Riesman Research Professorship, College of Business Administration, Northeastern University, 2011-2013
College of Business Administration Best Teacher Award Winner, 2011
Nominated for Northeastern University Excellence in Teaching Award, 2011