- PhD, Business Economics, Harvard University
- MA, Business Economics, Harvard University
- BA, Economics, Yale University
- Aggarwal, R., Jorion, P. (2010). The Performance of Emerging Hedge Funds and Managers. Journal of Financial Economics,96: 238-256.
- Aggarwal, R., Evans, M., Nanda, D. (2012). Nonprofit Boards: Size, Performance, and Managerial Incentives. Journal of Accounting and Economics, 53: 466-487.
- Aggarwal, R., Jorion, P. (2012). Is There a Cost to Transparency? Financial Analysts Journal, 68: 108-123. Graham and Dodd Scroll Award winner.
- Aggarwal, R., Meschke, F., Wang, T. (2012). Corporate Political Donations: Investment or Agency? Business and Politics, 14: Issue 1, Article 3.
- Aggarwal, R., Buchan, J., Saint-Lauren, P. (2012). Qualitative Hedge Fund Characteristics and Firm Performance: Changes over Time. Journal of Alternative Investments, 15: 8-23.
- Aggarwal, R. (2013). American Finance Association
- Aggarwal, R. (2013). Indian School of Business Corporate Finance Conference
- Aggarwal, R. (2013). China International Conference in Finance
- Aggarwal, R. (2013) HEC Montreal
- Aggarwal, R. (2013) Georgia State University
Research & Teaching Interests
Professor Aggarwal’s current research interests include corporate governance, the economics of organizations, optimal capital structure, bankruptcy, executive compensation and incentives, initial public offerings, mergers and acquisitions, boards of directors, hedge fund performance evaluation, and fraud and stock market manipulation. His current teaching interests are in corporate finance and international finance.
Industry & Academic Experience
Prior to Northeastern University, Professor Aggarwal has taught at the University of Minnesota, University of Virginia, University of Michigan, Oxford University, and Dartmouth College. He serves on the Board of Directors of Medica Health Plans and has consulted for a number of firms and government agencies.
Awards & Recognition
- Faculty Excellence in Teaching Award (Teacher of the Year), Carlson School of Management, 2006
- Distinguished Referee Award, Review of Financial Studies, 2010
- Graham and Dodd Scroll Award (Best Paper Runner-up), Financial Analysts Journal, 2013