Osnat 'Ossi' Mokryn is a Visiting Teaching Professor at the D'Amore-McKim School of Business at Northeastern University for the 2023-24 academic year.
Dr. Mokryn is a tenured senior lecturer in the Department of Information Systems at the University of Haifa, Israel, leading the Content & Social Networks group (SCANLab) and a Visiting Scholar at Harvard John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences during the 2022-2024 academic years.
Dr. Mokryn's research focuses on the use of Information Theory for compact data representation and its applications, Cognition in Interaction Systems and Behavioral research, and Network Science. Dr. Mokryn is an ACM senior member and a member of the Complex Systems Society and the Network Science Society. She is the General Co-Chair of the 29th Annual ACM Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces (ACM IUI) 2024 (https://iui.acm.org/2024/).
Osnat ‘Ossi' Mokryn holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science from The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel, and a M.Sc. and B.Sc. in Computer Engineering from The Technion, Israel Institute of Technology.
Awards and Recognition
Dr. Mokryn's recent work on identifying emotional experience from the text of online opinions has received the Best Research Paper Award from the Israeli Association for Information Systems in 2022.
- Marmor, Y., Abbey, A., Shahar, Y., & Mokryn, O. (2023). Assessing individual risk and the latent transmission of COVID-19 in a population with an interaction-driven temporal model. Scientific Reports, 13(1), 12955.
- Shahar, Y., & Mokryn, O. (2023). A statistical model for early estimation of the prevalence and severity of an epidemic or pandemic from simple tests for infection confirmation. Plos one, 18(1), e0280874.
- Zeevi, G., & Mokryn, O. (2023). She is an Expert in this Research Field: The Signal of Recent Publications' Relevance. Northeast Journal of Complex Systems (NEJCS), 5(1), 7.
- Cohen-Kalaf, M., Lanir, J., Bak, P., & Mokryn, O. (2022). Movie emotion map: an interactive tool for exploring movies according to their emotional signature. Multimedia Tools and Applications, 1-22.
- Mokryn, O., & Ben-Shoshan, H. (2021). Domain-based Latent Personal Analysis and its use for impersonation detection in social media. User Modeling and User-Adapted Interaction, 31(4), 785-828.
- Grinvald, A., Soffer, P., & Mokryn, O. (2021, June). Inter-case properties and process variant considerations in time prediction: A conceptual framework. In International Conference on Business Process Modeling, Development and Support (pp. 96-111). Cham: Springer International Publishing.
- Mokryn, O., Bodoff, D., Bader, N., Albo, Y., & Lanir, J. (2020). Sharing emotions: determining films' evoked emotional experience from their online reviews. Information Retrieval Journal, 23, 475-501.
- Mokryn, O., Bogina, V., & Kuflik, T. (2019). Will this session end with a purchase? Inferring current purchase intent of anonymous visitors. Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, 34, 100836.
- Mokryn, O. (2020). The opinions of a few: A cross-platform study quantifying usefulness of reviews. Online Social Networks and Media, 18, 100080.
- Miller, H., & Mokryn, O. (2020). Size agnostic change point detection framework for evolving networks. Plos one, 15(4), e0231035.