- Faleye, O., Kovacs, T., and Venkateswaran, A., 2014. Do Better-connected CEOs Innovate More? Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis 49, 1201–1225.
- Faleye, O., Hoitash, R., and Hoitash, U., 2011. The Costs of Intense Board Monitoring. Journal of Financial Economics 101, 180–181.
- Faleye, O., 2007. Classified Boards, Firm Value, and Managerial Entrenchment. Journal of Financial Economics 83, 501–529.
- Faleye, O., Mehrotra, V., and Morck, R., 2006. When Labor has a Voice in Corporate Governance. Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis 41, 489–510.
- Faleye, O., 2004. Cash and Corporate Control. Journal of Finance 59, 2041–2060.
- Faleye, O. (Presenter & Author), Gu, T. (Author Only), Venkateswaran, A. (Author Only), University of Rhode Island Seminar Series. “Merger Spillovers in Collaborative Partnerships,” (November 2016).
- Faleye, O., NYU Law and Finance Seminar Series, “The Costs of a (Nearly) Fully Independent Board,” (February 2015).
- Krishnan, K. (Presenter & Author), Faleye, O. (Author Only), American Finance Association annual meetings, “Risky Lending: Does Bank Corporate Governance Matter?,” (January 2015).
- Faleye, O. (Author Only), Kung, W. (Author Only), Parwada, J. (Author Only), Tian, G. Y. (Presenter & Author), China International Conference in Finance, “Are Entrepreneurs Special? Evidence from Board Appointments,” (July 2014).
- Faleye, O. (Presenter & Author), Kovacs, T. (Author Only), Venkateswaran, A. (Author Only), University of Arkansas Seminar Series, “Do better-connected CEOs innovate more?,” (October 2012).
- PhD in Finance, University of Alberta, Canada
- MS in Marketing, University of Lagos, Nigeria
- BS in Business Administration, University of Lagos, Nigeria
Research & Teaching Interests
Professor Faleye’s research focuses on corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring, and related topics in agency theory.
Industry & Academic Experience
Prior to joining Northeastern University’s D’Amore-McKim School of Business, Professor Faleye served as an Assistant Accountant for Chevron Nigeria Limited from 1992- 1996.
Services to the Profession
Professor Faleye was the Associate Editor (Finance and Accounting) of the Journal of Business Research from 2010 to 2015 and regularly serves as an ad hoc reviewer for academic journals including the Review of Financial Studies, Journal of Banking and Finance, and Corporate Governance: An International Review.
Awards & Recognition
- Trahan Family Faculty Fellow, Northeastern University (2011-2016)
- Walsh Research Professor, Northeastern University (2010-2012)
- Lloyd Mullin Research Fellowship, Northeastern University (2006-2010)