- PhD Business Administration, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- MA Economics, Bowling Green State University
- BS Business Administration, Bowling Green State University
- Born, J. (2013). Golds wounds will take time to heal (April 16, 2013 ed.). MarketWatch.com.
- Robertson, C., Born, J., Blevins, D. (2012). Variations in Business Ethics Ideologies in the South Pacific. International Journal of Global Business & Economics, 4(1), 53-61.
- Born, J. (2012). Gold ends lower as platinum, palladium rally (11/4/2012 ed.). MarketWatch.com.
- Born, J. (2012). How Much or Little Presidents Affect Your Wallets, Credit Cards (10/30/2012 ed.). Credit Card Select.
- Born, J. (2012). Amid unusually widespread drought, warnings on food prices (7/17/2012 ed.). Christian Science Monitor.
- Born, J. (2012). Faith in China remains in hearts of copper bulls (6/13/2012 ed.). Copper Investing News.
- Born, Jeffery, Interview / quoted, “Fighting the good-for-you fight,” Grocery Headquarters. (July 2014).
- Born, Jeffery, Interview / quoted, “My Business Accepts Bitcoin,” CNN Money. (March 17, 2014).
- Born, Jeffery, Interview / quoted, “Analysts Forecast a Corrosive Year for Copper Prices,” Market Watch (January 24, 2014), and the work was picked up by Global Times (Shangai) and Cableabc.net (China). (January 24, 2014).
- Born, Jeffery, Interview / quoted, “Is it Worth it Buying Gold?” Dimespring. (May 15, 2013).
Research & Teaching Interests
Born has taught investments/portfolio management, corporate finance, and recently Venture Capital Finance. Much of his research has focused on security market reactions to new information, particularly the response of share prices to changes in dividend policy.
Industry & Academic Experience
Prior to joining the College of Business Administration faculty in 1988, Born served as assistant professor at the University of Kentucky. Born was Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs 2002-2006. While on sabbatical, Born served as the Dean for the University of the South Pacific in Fiji.
Services to the Profession
Born is a member of a number of professional associations and has been a member of the editorial board/associate editor for a number of journals. He is currently on the editorial board of the Journal of African Business.