- Ahn, J., Hoitash, R., and Hoitash, U. (2020). Auditor Task-Specific Expertise: The Case of Fair Value Accounting. The Accounting Review (forthcoming)
- Ahn, J., and H. Akamah (2018). Auditors’ Reliance on Trust in Going Concern Assessments: Boon or Bane? AAA Annual Meeting.
- Ahn, J., Hoitash, R., and Hoitash, U. (2018). Auditor Fair Value Expertise. Bentley University.
- PhD., Business Administration, University of Oklahoma
- MS, Accounting, University of Illinois
- BS, Accounting, University of Illinois
Research & Teaching Interests
Professor Ahn has research interests in applying economic theory to investigate auditors’ pricing strategy and audit quality, within various contexts such as audit market competition, PCAOB inspection process, and private clients audit market. He has teaching interests in Financial Accounting and Auditing.
Industry & Academic Experience
Prior to joining the D’Amore-McKim School of Business at Northeastern University, Professor Ahn served as an auditor for KPMG in Los Angeles, CA.
Awards & Recognition
- Outstanding Teaching Award, John T. Steed School of Accounting, (2016)
- AAA Deloitte J. Michael Cook Doctoral Consortium Fellow, (2016)