- Ahn, J. (2017). The Effect of Audit-Firm Monopoly within Local Audit Markets.2017 AAA Auditing Section Midyear Meeting, Orlando, FL
- Ahn, J. (2017). The Effect of Audit-Firm Monopoly within Local Audit Markets.2017 AAA International Accounting Section Midyear Meeting, Tampa, FL
- Ahn, J., Akamah, H., and Shu, Q. (2017). The Effect of PCAOB Identification of Income Tax Related Deficiencies in the Part II Inspection Report. 2016 University of Illinois 22nd Symposium & 2nd Doctoral Consortium on Auditing Research, Champaign, IL
- Ahn, J. and Jensen, K. (2016). Quality Control in Audit Firms: Do Auditors Learn from Going Concern Errors? 2015 Brigham Young University Accounting Symposium, Provo, UT
- PhD., Business Administration, University of Oklahoma
- MS, Accounting, University of Illinois
- BS, Accounting, University of Illinois
Research & Teaching Interests
Professor Ahn has research interests in applying economic theory to investigate auditors’ pricing strategy and audit quality, within various contexts such as audit market competition, PCAOB inspection process, and private clients audit market. He has teaching interests in Financial Accounting and Auditing.
Industry & Academic Experience
Prior to joining the D’Amore-McKim School of Business at Northeastern University, Professor Ahn served as an auditor for KPMG in Los Angeles, CA.
Services to the Profession
Professor Ahn is a CPA in the State of California. He is a member of American Accounting Association and American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Awards & Recognition
Outstanding Teaching Award, John T. Steed School of Accounting, 2016
AAA Deloitte J. Michael Cook Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 2016