- PhD Business Administration, Stanford University
- MBA, Harvard Business School
- BA Psychology, Brown University
- Clark, B. (2021). Marketing dashboards, resource allocation and performance. European Journal of Marketing, 55(1), 247-270.
- Morgan, N.A., Clark, B.H., Vorhies, D. (2019). Market-Oriented Culture and Customer Feedback Processes. In Handbook on Customer Centricity: Strategies for Building a Customer-Centric Organization, R. Palmatier and C. Moorman, eds., Edward Elgar Publishing, 43-78.
- Johnson, D.S., Clark, B.H., Barczak, G. (2012). Customer relationship management processes: How faithful are business-to-business firms to customer profitability? Industrial Marketing Management, 41(7), 1094-1105.
- Clark, B.H., Ambler, T. (2011). Managing the Marketing Metrics Portfolio. Marketing Management, 20(3), 16-21.
- Pauwels, K., Ambler, T., Clark, B. LaPointe, P., Reibstein, D., Skiera, B, Wierenga, B., Wiesel, T. (2009). Dashboards as a Service: Why, What, How, and What Research is Needed? Journal of Service Research, 12(2), 175-189.
- Morgan, N.A., Clark, B.H., Gooner, R. (2002). Marketing Productivity, Marketing Audits, and Systems for Marketing Performance Assessment: Integrating Multiple Perspectives. Journal of Business Research, 55 (5), 363-375.
- Clark, B.H. (1999). Marketing Performance Measures: History and Interrelationships. Journal of Marketing Management, 15, 711-732.
- Clark, B.H., Montgomery, D.B. (1999). Managerial Identification of Competitors. Journal of Marketing, 63(July), 67-83.
- Clark, B.H. and Montgomery, D.B. (1998). Deterrence, Reputations and Competitive Cognition. Management Science, 44(1), 62-82.
- Clark, B.H. Marketing Dashboards, Exploration, and Exploitation: An Experimental Study. 2016 Summer American Marketing Association Educators Conference, Chicago, IL.
- Clark, B.H. No Stock Market Measures in a Core Set of Marketing Performance Measures,” 2016 Summer American Marketing Association Educators Conference, Chicago, IL
- Clark, B.H., Abela, A.V. (Author Only), Ambler, T. (Author Only) Measurement Systems and the Market Research Function as Enablers of NPD Activities. 2009 Marketing Science Conference, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Clark, B.H., Marr, B.W. (Author Only), Montgomery, D.B. (Author Only). The Social Cognitive Structure of Emerging Competitive Markets. 2008 Marketing Science Conference, Vancouver, Canada.
- Clark, B.H. The Metrics Landscape. 2007 Academy of Marketing Science Conference, Miami, FL.
Research & Teaching Interests
Clark's primary research interests are in marketing strategy and managerial decision-making, especially as they relate to competition and performance measurement. He teaches courses in marketing strategy and management at the graduate level and marketing management at the undergraduate level.
Industry & Academic Experience
A former marketing and product manager for computer software at Sunburst Communications, Clark has worked with American Express and in consulting or executive education roles at Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Compaq, the Design Management Institute, EMC, Genzyme, Intel, Masterfoods, Ropes & Gray, Schering AG, and Shell International. He has also served on the faculty of the Anderson Graduate School of Management, University of California, Los Angeles, and the Cranfield School of Management (UK). He has been an advisor on MBA Field Consulting Projects.
Services to the Profession
Clark is an active reviewer for academic publications that include the European Journal of Marketing, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Journal of Marketing, and Marketing Letters, among others.
Awards & Recognition
- Finalist, CBA Best Teacher Award (2012).
- Frank Murphy Family Fellow, College of Business Administration, Northeastern University. (2007-2012).
- Honorable Mention, Effective or Innovative Use of Technology, NU Educational Technology Center (2006).