Nasralah is an Assistant Teaching Professor in the Supply Chain and Information Management group at the D’Amore-McKim School of Business at Northeastern University. He has earned his Ph.D. degree in Information Systems from Dakota State University, College of Business and Information Systems (BIS) in 2019. His specialization is Analytics and Decision Support.
Nasralah's research interests are in data analytics and information system design with a particular focus on social media analytics. Within this area of research, his research projects can be divided into two main themes: (1) Leveraging text analytics techniques to automatically extract valuable knowledge from online user-generated content (UGC) (2) Exploring the design features associated with the applications of information systems in various domains.
- Nasralah T, El-Gayar O, Wang Y. (2020). “Social Media Text Mining Framework for Drug Abuse: Development and Validation Study With an Opioid Crisis Case Analysis” J Med Internet Res (JMIR) 22(8):e18350 DOI: 10.2196/18350
- Wahbeh, A., Nasralah, T., Al-Ramahi, M., & El-Gayar, O. (2020). Mining Physicians’ Opinions on Social Media to Obtain Insights Into COVID-19: Mixed Methods Analysis. JMIR public health and surveillance, 6(2), e19276. DOI: 10.2196/19276.
- “Health Risks of e-cigarettes: Analysis of Twitter Data Using Topic Mining”, Abdullah Wahbeh, Mohammad Al-Ramahi, and Omar El-Gayar, Tareq Nasralah. 26th Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS-2020), August 10-14.USA.
- “What Social Media Can Tell Us About Opioid Addicts: Twitter Data Case Analysis”, Tareq Nasralah, Omar El-Gayar, and Yong Wang. 25th Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS-25 ‘19), August, 2019, Cancún.
- “Wearable devices for health and wellbeing: Design Insights from Twitter”, Omar El-Gayar, Tareq Nasralah, Ahmed Elnoshokaty. Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS-52 ’19), January, 2019 Maui, Hawaii, USA.
- “Patients’ Characteristics Effecting the Use of MyChart Patient Portal”, Ali Ahmed, Tareq Nasralah, Abdullah Wahbeh, Cherie Noteboom. Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS-52 ’19), January, 2019 Maui, Hawaii, USA.
- “Discovering Patient Portal Features Critical to User Satisfaction: A Systematic Analysis”, Abdullah Wahbeh, Mohammad Al-Ramahi, Cherie Noteboom, Tareq Nasralah. Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS-52 ’19), January, 2019 Maui, Hawaii, USA.
- Nasralah, T., El-Gayar, O., & Wang, Y. (2019). Mining Twitter to Assess the Perceptions of the Opioid Crisis. 2019 SDSU Data Science Symposium, Feb 04-05, 2019, Brookings, SD, USA.
- Nasralah, T., Wahbeh, A., Noteboom, C., & Wang, Y. (2018). Geographic Variations and The Utilization of Health Care Resources. Twenty-fourth Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS 2018), August, New Orleans, LA, USA.
- Nasralah, T., Elnoshokaty, A., & El-Gayar, O. (2018) What Twitter Users Can Tell Us: Analyzing the Public Perception about Diabetes Technologies. 2nd Annual Eastern South Dakota Research Symposium, Sanford Health Reserach, June 29-30, Sioux Falls, SD, USA.
- Nasralah, T., Noteboom, C., Wahbeh, A., & Al-Ramahi, M. A. (2017). Online Health Recommendation System: A Social Support Perspective. The 2017 Midwest Association for Information Systems (MWAIS 2017) Conference, May, Springfield, Illinois, USA.
- Ahmed, A., Nasralah, T., Wang, Y., Noteboom, C., Spohn, R., Parks, L., … & Shan, R. (2017). Impact of E-Visits on Emergency Departments and Urgent Care Centers. The Americas Conference on Information Systems(AMCIS-23th) August, Boston, MA, USA.