- Mooradian, R., Yang, S. (2013). Conditional Expectation and REIT Return Variability. Global Review of Business and Economic Research, 8(1), 1-20.
- Yang, S., Guo, L., Tang, L. (2012). Corporate governance and market segmentation: evidence from the price difference between Chinese A and H shares. Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting(0924-865X).
- Yang, Shiawee, Asian Real Estate Society Annual Conference, “Economic Growth and Real Estate Investment Potentials in China”, Asian Real Estate Society, Jeju, South Korea. (July 6, 2011).
- PhD in Finance and Real Estate, Penn State University
- MS, Penn State University
- MS and BS, Tsinghua University, China
Research & Teaching Interests
Professor Yang has teaching and research interests in real estate, financial economics, and investment management. Her current research concerns financial issues of the US real estate capital market, the REIT industry, and the Asian financial and real estate markets.
Industry & Academic Experience
Professor Yang worked as Senior Economist in the Boston area for several companies, including Property & Portfolio Research and Torto Wheaton Research, a CB Richard Ellis company. She also held Senior Consultant positions for China Merchant Property Holding and China Wanke Co Ltd, both located in Shenzhen, China.
Services to the Profession
Professor Yang is an active member of the American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association and the American Real Estate Society, and a Board Director of the Asian Real Estate Society. She also serves as editorial board member for the Real Estate Review and Journal of Real Estate Literature.
Awards & Recognition
- Rieseman Research Professorship, Northeastern University (2000-2001).
- Homer Hoyt Advanced Studies Institute Post Doctoral Research Award, Homer Hoyt Advanced Studies Institute. (2000).