- Bone, S.A., Lemon, K.N., Liljenquist, K.A., Fombelle, P.W., Voorhees, C., DeTienne, K.B., and Money, R.B. (2016), “When Saying is Believing: How Solicitation of Feedback Influences Customer Repurchase Intentions and Behavior,” Journal of Marketing Research.
- Fombelle, P.W., Bone, S.A., and Lemon, K.N. (2015), “Responding to the 98%: face-enhancing strategies for dealing with rejected customer ideas,” Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 1-22.
- Bone, S.A., Fombelle, P.W., Ray, K.R., and Lemon, K.N. (2015), “How Customer Participation in B2B Peer-to-Peer Problem-Solving Communities Influences the Need for Traditional Customer Service,” Journal of Service Research, 18 (1), 23-38. Featured in: CSL Blog http://wp.me/p3C2XT-em. (Best Practioner Paper at Frontiers in Service Conference 2011.
- Witell, L., Synder, H., Gustafsson, A., Fombelle, P.W., and Kristensson, P. (2015), “Defining service innovation, a review synthesis,” Journal of Business Research.
- Fombelle, P.W., Jarvis, C.B., Ward, J., and Ostrom, L. (2012), “Leveraging Customers’ Multiple Identities: Identity Synergy as a Driver of Organizational Identification,” Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 40(4), 587-604.
- Tignor, S.M., Fombelle, P.W., and Sirianni, N. “Proud When I Do, Guilty When I Don’t: Leveraging the Self-Conscious Emotions to Improve Consumer Well-Being,” Frontiers in Service, Bergen, Norway, June 2016.
- Voorhees, Clay M., Tom Baker, Paul W. Fombelle, Blake A. Runnalls, “Majority and Minority Influence Associated with Online Reviews,” 2016 Winter AMA Educators’ Conference, Las Vegas, NV, February 2016.
- Fombelle, P.W., Bone, S.A., Thompson, S., Brady, M., Ray, K., “Cliffs of Dissatisfaction: The Effect of Introducing Technology-Based Innovations on Service Employees & Customers,” Summer American Marketing Association Summer Educators’ Conference, Chicago, IL, August 2015.
- Ray, K., Fombelle, P.W., Bone, S.A., Thompson, S., Brady, M., “Cliffs of Dissatisfaction: The Effect of Introducing Technology-Based Innovations on Service Employees & Customers,” Frontiers in Service, Miami Florida, June 2014.
- *2014 Best Practitioner Paper.
- Hill, K., and Fombelle, P.W., “The Uninformed Consumer: Using Curiosity to Elicit Word of Mouth, and Purchase Intentions,” American Marketing Association Summer Educators’ Conference, Boston, MA, August 2013.
- *Best Paper Award in Consumer Behavior and Psychology Track.
- PhD, Arizona State University
- B.S., Ithaca College
Research & Teaching Interests
Professor Fombelle’s research and teaching interests include service innovation, customer feedback management, and social identity.
Industry & Academic Experience
Paul W. Fombelle is an Associate Professor of Marketing. He received his Ph.D. from the W.P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State University. His current research interests examine service innovation, customer feedback management, customer loyalty and relationship marketing, and service experience management. His research has appeared in The Journal of Marketing Research, The Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Journal of Service Research, Journal of Interactive Marketing, and Journal of Business Research. He currently serves on the editorial review board of the Journal of Business Research. Paul loves to collaborate with industry leaders in his research. Paul’s global research partners span a variety of sectors including technology, financial, health, food/fine dining, retail, and entertainment services. Prior to earning his Ph.D., Paul worked in branding for Ogilvy and Mather in New York, where he helped managed such brands as American Express and Post Cereal. Check out Paulfombelle.com for more details.
Awards & Recognition
- 2014 Best Practitioner Paper, Frontiers in Service Conference – CSL/Oracle Project
- 2013 Customer Experience Excellence Award Winner by Temkin Group (based on Oracle Research Project)
- 2013 Best Paper Award in Consumer Behavior and Psychology Track at 2013 Summer AMA Conference
- Best Teacher (Top 3), Undergraduate Program 2014/2015
- Nominated for Northeastern University 2014/2015 Excellence in Teaching Award