- PhD Operations Research, Northeastern University
- MS Operations Research and Information Systems, Northeastern University
- BS Civil Engineering, Northeastern University
- Zaarour, N., Melachrinoudis, E., and Solomon, M., “Maximizing Revenue of End of Life Items in Retail Stores”, European Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 255, pp. 133-141, 2016.
- Zaroour, N. (2013). “The Optimal Determination of the Collection Period for Returned Products in the Sustainable Supply Chain.” International Journal of Logistics, 17(1): 35-45.
- Zaarour, Nizar (Presenter & Author), IFAC / MIM 2013, “Manufacturing Modelling, Management, and Control”, IFAC 5.2 Technical Committee, St. Petersburg. (June 19, 2013).
- Zaarour, Nizar (Author Only), IIE Annual 2013, “IE Conference and Expo 2013”, IIE, San Juan, Puerto Rico. (May 18, 2013).
- Solomon, Marius (Author Only), Zaarour, Nizar (Author Only), Melachrinoudis, Emanuel (Presenter & Author), INFORMS International Meeting 2012, “Scheduling Price Markdowns to Phase-out Items in Retail Stores”, INFORMS, Beijing, China. (June 2012).
- Zaarour, Nizar (Presenter & Author), Melachrinoudis, Emanuel (Author Only), Solomon, Marius (Author Only), 61st Annual IIE Conference, “Maximizing Revenue for Phase-out Items in Retail Stores”, Institute of Industrial Engineers, Reno, Nevada. (May 22, 2011).
Research & Teaching Interests
Zaarour's research interests include Operations Research, Operations Management, Applied Statistics, Econometrics, Logistics, and Supply Chain Management.
Industry & Academic Experience
Zaarour's extensive history with Northeastern University includes time spent instructing in Information Services, the College of Engineering, and the Math Department since 2000.
Awards & Recognition
- Outstanding Teaching Award (2011), Northeastern University
- College of Engineering Outstanding Teaching Award (2006), Northeastern University
- John D. O'Bryant Graduate Study Academic Excellence Award (2000), Northeastern University