- Bessembinder, H., Hao, J., & Zheng, K. (2015). Market making contracts, firm value, and the IPO decision. The Journal of Finance, 70(5), 1997-2028.
- Begley, T. A., Purnanandam, A., & Zheng, K. (2017). The strategic underreporting of bank risk. The Review of Financial Studies, 30(10), 3376-3415.
- Bessembinder, H., Hao, J., & Zheng, K. (2020). Liquidity provision contracts and market quality: Evidence from the New York Stock Exchange. The Review of Financial Studies, 33(1), 44-74.
- Hao, J., & Zheng, K. Effect of the Equity Capital Ratio on the Relationship between Competition and Bank Risk-taking Behavior. Review of Corporate Finance Studies, forthcoming
- PhD Finance, University of Michigan
- PhD Electrical Engineering, University of Utah
- ME Electrical Engineering, University of Utah
- BS Electrical Engineering, Sun Yat-Sen University
Research & Teaching Interests
Zheng’s research focuses on empirical corporate finance, banking, industrial organization, financial contracting, and information economics. He has teaching interests in the areas of Corporate Finance, Financial Management, and Capital Markets.
Industry & Academic Experience
Prior to joining Northeastern University’s D’Amore-McKim School of Business, Zheng worked as an instructor and research assistant at Ross School of Business, University of Michigan.
Awards & Recognition
- Ronald Copeland Best Paper Award, Northeastern University, 2015
- Allan D. Gilmour Doctoral Fellowship, University of Michigan, 2012-2013
- NASDAQ Fellowship, University of Michigan, 2011-2012
- Robert G. Rodkey Fellowship, University of Michigan, 2010-2011