- Bessembinder, Hendrik, Jia Hao, and Kuncheng Zheng. “Market making contracts, firm value, and the IPO decision.” The Journal of Finance 70, no. 5 (2015): 1997-2028.
- Begley, Taylor A., Amiyatosh K. Purnanandam, and Kuncheng Zheng. “The strategic under-reporting of bank risk.” Review of Financial Studies, 30.10 (2017): 3376-3415.
- Bessembinder, Hendrik, Jia Hao, and Kuncheng KC Zheng. “Liquidity Provision Contracts and Market Quality: Evidence from the New York Stock Exchange.” Review of Financial Studies, forthcoming.
- Ph.D. in Finance, University of Michigan, 2015
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, University of Utah, 2008
- M.E. in Electrical Engineering, University of Utah, 2004
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Sun Yat-Sen University, 2001
Research & Teaching Interests
Professor Zheng’s research focuses on empirical corporate finance, banking, industrial organization, financial contracting, and information economics. He has teaching interests in the areas of Corporate Finance, Financial Management, and Capital Markets.
Industry & Academic Experience
Prior to joining Northeastern University’s D’Amore-McKim School of Business, Professor Zheng worked as an instructor and research assistant at Ross School of Business, University of Michigan.
Awards & Recognition
- Ronald Copeland Best Paper Award, Northeastern University, 2015
- Allan D. Gilmour Doctoral Fellowship, University of Michigan, 2012-2013
- NASDAQ Fellowship, University of Michigan, 2011-2012
- Robert G. Rodkey Fellowship, University of Michigan, 2010-2011