- DBA Organizational Behavior, Harvard Business School
- MBA, Boston College
- BS, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Lane, H. & Maznevski, M. (2014). International Management Behavior: Global and Sustainable Leadership (7th edition). John Wiley & Sons.
- Lane, H., Maznevski, M., Mendenhall, M. & McNett, J. (2004). The Blackwell Handbook of Global Management: A Guide to Managing Complexity. Blackwell Publishers.
- Lane, H., Spector, Osland, J. & Taylor, S., (2014). Global Strategic Change: A Synthesis of Approaches, Advances in Global Leadership.
- Crossan, M., Lane, H. & White, R. (2009). An Organizational Learning Framework: From Intuition to Institution, Academy of Management Review, Vol. 24 No. 3.
- O’Grady, S. & Lane, H. (1996). The Psychic Distance Paradox, Journal of International Business Studies, Vol. 27 No. 2.
- Lane, H., (2015). Building Competency in International Business: Translating Theory Into Practice, International Organization Network (ION) Annual Meeting, Berlin, Germany, February.
- Lane, H., Bachani, J., Herkenhoff, L., Lam, N., Allon, G., (2015). Pedagogy in the Digital Era: Incorporating Virtual Experiences into the Classroom, Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Vancouver, Canada, August.
- Lane, H., (2015). Innovative Approaches to Teaching International Management & International Business, Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Vancouver, Canada.
- Lane, H., Callister, R., Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Online Global Education: The Who, What & How for MBA’s and Executives( 2015), Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Vancouver, Canada, August.
Research & Teaching Interests
Lane’s teaching and research interests fall in the areas of executing global strategy, organizational learning, managing change, cross-cultural management and managing diversity. He is a registered Master Practitioner of the Myers Briggs Type Inventory (MBTI) and is functional in Spanish.
Industry & Academic Experience
Prior to joining Northeastern in 1999, Lane was at the Ivey Business School in London, Canada. He serves as a consultant and faculty member for university and corporate courses around the world. From January 2011 – June 2012 he was the Acting Dean of the D’Amore-McKim School of Business.
Services to the Profession
Lane is an active member of the Academy of Management, Academy of International Business and the International Organization Network. He was the Associate Editor of the Journal of International Business Studies while at Ivey.
Awards & Recognition
- Outstanding Educator Award for excellence and innovation in teaching international management, Academy of Management International Management Division, 2009
- Academy of Management Review Decade Award, Academy of Management, 2009