- Platt, H., Platt, M. (2013). Risks to Auto Sector Recovery: Bankruptcies of Auto Suppliers in East Asia and the USA. Journal of Asian Business Studies, 7(3), 231 – 243.
- Platt, H., Cai, L. (2013). Do Opening Prices Contain Information? Journal of Trading, 8(3), 8-16.
- Platt, H., Platt, M., Mirick, C. (2013). Timing the Bankruptcy Decision. Journal of Bankruptcy Law, 2013(January), 62-80.
- Platt, H., Platt, M. (2012). The Boardroom Edge Against Bankruptcy. strategy + business(December 14, 2012), 1-2.
- Platt, H. (2012). Unintended Consequences: How to Improve our Governement, our Businesses and our Lives. Charles L Webster Publisher.
- Platt, Harlan, Distressed Investing, “Ethics Hour”, Beard Group, New York. (November 12, 2012).
- Platt, Harlan, Philadelphia, Association for Corporate Growth, “Lead with Cash”, ACG, Philadelphia, PA. (June 16, 2011).
- PhD in Economics, University of Michigan
- MA, University of Michigan
- BA, Northwestern University
Research & Teaching Interests
Professor Platt’s research and consulting interests include corporate bankruptcy, crisis management, and short-term equity price recoveries.
Industry & Academic Experience
Professor Platt is a member of the Board of Directors of Millennium Chemicals Inc. and is on the advisory board of the Millennium Liquidating Trust. He previously served on the board of companies on the New York Stock Exchange, the Dublin Stock Exchange and the NASDAQ. Professor Platt was the Faculty Dean for the Turnaround Management Association from 1993-2003 where he created their certification exam. Professor Platt is the faculty advisor to the 360 Huntington Fund, the student managed mutual fund which won the world wide distinction at the 2009 RISE contest as the best managed graduate student value based mutual fund. Before joining the College of Business Administration faculty in 1981, Professor Platt was director of electricity research and forecasting for Data Resources, Inc. From 1997 to 1998, he was the Klein Lecturer at Northeastern University.
Services to the Profession
Professor Platt served as the Associate Editor-Finance for the Journal of Business Research.
Awards & Recognition
Donald J. Harding Professor, Northeastern University