- Bolster, P., Trahan, E. A. (2013). Investing in Morningstar Recommendations: Price and Style Effects. Journal of Accounting and Finance, 13(6), 193-208.
- Trahan, E. A., Gitman, L., Trevino, M. (2012). Virtual Financial Planners: Product, Market, and Challenges. Financial Services Review, 21(Summer 2012), 95-129.
- Bolster, P., Trahan, E. A., Venkateswaran, A. (2012). How Mad is Mad Money: Jim Cramer as a Stock Picker and Portfolio Manager. Journal of Investing.
- Faleye, O., Trahan, E. A. (2011). Labor-friendly Corporate Practices: Is What is Good for Employees Good for Shareholders? The Journal of Business Ethics, 101(1), 1-27.
- Bolster, P., Pantalone, C., Trahan, E. A. (2010). The Valuation Effect of Security Breaches. Journal of Business Valuation and Economic Loss Analysis, 5(1).
- Trahan, Emery A (Presenter & Author), UMASS Boston Finance Research Seminar, “Investing in Morningstar Recommnedations”, UMASS Boston, Boston, MA. (September 27, 2013).
- Trahan, Emery A (Presenter & Author), Brown Brothers Harriman, “Investing in Morningstar Recommnedations”, Northeastern University Alumni Association, Boston, MA. (August 17, 2013).
- Bolster, Paul (Author Only), Trahan, Emery A (Presenter & Author), Financial Management Association annual meeting, “Investing in Morningstar Five-Star Stock Upgrades: Price and Style Effects”, Financial Management Association, Atlanta, GA. (October 19, 2012).
- Bolster, Paul (Author Only), Trahan, Emery A (Presenter & Author), Academy of Financial Services annual meeting, “Investing in Morningstar Five-Star Stock Upgrades: Price and Style Effects”, Academy of Financial Services, San Antonio, TX. (October 1, 2012).
- Trahan, Emery A, Academy of Financial Services Annual Meeting, “Behavior”, Academy of Financial Services, Las Vegas, NV. (October 23, 2011).
- PhD Economics and Finance, State University of New York-Albany
- MA Financial Economics, State University of New York-Albany
- BS Accounting, State University of New York-Plattsburgh
Research & Teaching Interests
Professor Trahan’s current research interests include valuation, value-based management, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, and applied corporate finance. He has primary teaching interests in corporate finance, valuation, financial strategy, and mergers and acquisitions, and has taught in several executive education programs and in the High Tech MBA program.
Industry & Academic Experience
Prior to joining the D’Amore-McKim faculty in 1988, Professor Trahan served as a senior accountant for Peat, Marwick, Mitchell & Co. and as controller for Ceramaseal, Inc.
Services to the Profession
A Certified Public Accountant and Chartered Financial Analyst, Professor Trahan is an active member of the American Finance Association, the Financial Management Association, the Eastern Finance Association, the Boston Security Analysts Society and the Chartered Financial Analysts Institute.
Awards & Recognition
- Harding Professor of Finance. (July 1, 2008).
- Professor Trahan was named a Research Fellow at the Center for Institutional Investment Management in 2007. His paper, “Is What is Best for Employees Best for Shareholders?,” with Olubunmi Faleye, was named to the top 10 percent of papers presented at the 2006 Financial Management Association annual meeting. He was selected by students as a finalist for the Beta Gamma Sigma Best Teacher Award in 2002 and is listed in Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers.