Deniz Johnson is a digital transformation expert and FinTech Executive with the history of successfully implementing emerging technology and building innovative culture in established firms.
As a FinTech thought leader, Johnson is passionate about the responsible use of AI and Machine Learning (ML) in highly regulated industries to both drive business value and increase inclusivity.
Johnson is the COO of Stratyfy, a responsible AI company with a proprietary, transparent AI technology that materially improves decision systems and the founder of Pera-Partners, a management consulting company specializing FinTech adoption and digital transformation. She currently teaches FinTech and Financial Innovation at Northeastern University.
Johnson previously served as a Managing Director at State Street Corporation’s Alternative Investment Solutions group, where she led transformational data and digitization initiatives, as well as new product/platform development across the Hedge Fund, Real Estate and Private Equity businesses.
Prior to this, Johnson served as SVP of Shared Services at Acadian Asset Management, a quantitative investment firm, and held leadership roles at several high-profile organizations including Pegasystems and Mayo Clinic.
Johnson obtained her MBA from University of Iowa and has a degree in Management Engineering from Istanbul Technical University.
- MBA, University of Iowa
- BA Business Administration & BS Industrial Engineering (Management Engineering), Istanbul Technical University
- Transparency In Times of Uncertainty, June 30, 2020, (https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/transparency-times-uncertainty-deniz-a-johnson/)
- Sins of our past modeling our future – Diversity and bias in AI and data , Mar 8, 2020, Brandeis University (http://blogs.brandeis.edu/gps/2020/03/08/sins-of-our-past-modeling-our-future-diversity-and-bias-in-ai-and-data/)
- Fintech gender diversity and the unshifting pay chasm, Rebekah Tunstead, May 21, 2019, Bobsguide (https://www.bobsguide.com/guide/news/2019/May/21/report-fintech-gender-diversity-and-the-unshifting-pay-chasm/)
- AI – the Bias and Transparency Paradox, April 9, 2019 (https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/ai-bias-transparency-paradox-deniz-a-johnson-mba%2F/)
- “The Transformation”, Jun 3, 2015, PMI/PM Network Magazine (https://www.pmnetwork-digital.com/pmnetwork/june_2015?pg=26#pg26)
- “A Storybook Ending”, Jul 1, 2014, PMI/ PM Network Magazine (https://www.pmnetwork-digital.com/pmnetworkopen/201407?sub_id=WRPi2uP9FHdf&folio=1&pg=24#pg24)
Awards and Recognition
- Top 100 RegTech Influencers, Jul 2019, Onalytica – https://onalytica.com/blog/posts/regtech-top-100-influencers/