Professor Lee's research areas include business analytics, social media, decision models and their impacts on organizations and society. She has presented her research at the Academy of Management (AOM), International Conference on Information Systems, and Americas Conference on Information Systems. She has taught MIS and business analytics courses for undergraduate and graduate students.
Professor Lee is the founding Vice President of the Association of Information Systems (AIS) Doctoral Student College. She is an active member of AIS and the Academy of Management. She has served as a reviewer for many journals and conferences, including the Journal of Information Organization, The Data Base for Advances in Information Systems, AOM Annual Meeting, and the International Conference on Information Systems. She has served a track chair for the Global Interdisciplinary Green Cities Conference.
Professor Lee has over 10 years of industry experience. Prior to joining academia, she was an Assistant Vice President at Citigroup and provided consultation to companies in the Boston area.
- PhD Information Systems for Data Science, University of Massachusetts Boston
- MS Business Analytics, Northeastern University
- BS Computer Science and Information Science, Northeastern University
- Lee, Carol (Presenter) and Bharati, Pratyush. “Social Media Enabled Community Empowerment: A Social Capital and Collective Action Perspective,” International Conference on Information Systems, Munich, Germany (December 15, 2019).
- Lee, Carol (Presenter) and Bharati, Pratyush “Social Media Affordances and Social Movement Organizations in Green IS,” Americas Conference on Information Systems, Cancún, Mexico (August 16, 2019).
- Bharati, Pratyush, Lee, Carol (Presenter), and Syed, Romilla. “Influence of Trolling on Social Media Participation: An Empirical Investigation,” Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Boston, MA (August 13, 2019).
- Bharati, Pratyush, Lee, Carol (Presenter), and Syed, Romilla. “Trolls and Social Movement Participation: An Empirical Investigation,” Americas Conference on Information Systems, New Orleans, LA (August 17, 2018).
- Lee, Carol (Presenter), Rahafrooz, Maryam, and Lee, Daniel. “What are the Concerns of Using a Ride-Sharing Service?: An Investigation of Uber”, Americas Conference on Information Systems, Boston, MA (August 11, 2017).