Lee's research areas include business analytics, social media, decision models and their impacts on organizations and society. She has presented her research at the Academy of Management (AOM), International Conference on Information Systems, and Americas Conference on Information Systems. She has taught MIS and business analytics courses for undergraduate and graduate students.
Lee is the founding Vice President of the Association of Information Systems (AIS) Doctoral Student College. She is an active member of AIS and the Academy of Management. She has served as a reviewer for many journals and conferences, including the Journal of Information Organization, The Data Base for Advances in Information Systems, AOM Annual Meeting, and the International Conference on Information Systems. She has served a track chair for the Global Interdisciplinary Green Cities Conference.
Lee has over 10 years of industry experience. Prior to joining academia, she was an Assistant Vice President at Citigroup and provided consultation to companies in the Boston area.
- PhD Information Systems for Data Science, University of Massachusetts Boston
- MS Business Analytics, Northeastern University
- BS Computer Science and Information Science, Northeastern University
- Lee, Carol and Bharati, Pratyush. “Can Communities Articulate a Solution? A Mixed Methods Study on Digital Mechanisms of Empowerment,” Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Boston, MA (August 07, 2023).
- Lee, Carol, Yoon, YoungHo, and Bharati, Pratyush. “Coastal Resilience Decision Making with Machine Learning,” Americas Conference on Information Systems, Minneapolis, MN (August 12, 2022).
- Lee, Carol and Bharati, Pratyush. “Can We Change the Climate? A Study of Issue Boundary Spanning and Digital Action Outcomes,” Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Seattle, WA (August 08, 2022).
- Lee, Carol and Sah, Bhawesh. “Individuals' Perceptions on the Environmental Concerns of Drone Usage,” The Global Interdisciplinary Green Cities Conference, Luzern, Switzerland (June 22, 2022).
- Lee, Carol and Bharati, Pratyush. “Leveraging Machine Learning for Coastal Resilience Decisions,” SIG Green Workshop, International Conference on Information Systems, Austin, TX (December 11, 2021).
Awards and Recognition
- Teaching Innovation Award 2022-2023, D'Amore-McKim School of Business, Northeastern University
- Full-Time Faculty Professional Development Fund (FFPDF) 2021-2022, Northeastern University
- Faculty Service Award 2021, Association of Information Systems Doctoral Student College
- Doctoral Student Service Award 2020, Association for Information Systems