- Rupert, T., Anderson, K., Hulse, D. (2020). Pearson’s Federal Taxation, 2021 edition. Prentice Hall.
- Rupert, T., Stinson, S., Doxey, M. (forthcoming). The Effects of Income Tax Timing and Performance Feedback on Retirement Investment Decisions. The Accounting Review.
- Rupert, T., Hausserman, C., Jurney, S. (forthcoming). The Effects of Level of Government and Use of Funds on Trust in Revenue Agencies. Advances in Taxation.
- Noga, T., Rupert, T. (2017). Reducing Written Communication Apprehension in Tax Students. Advances in Accounting Education, 21, 57-98.
- Jurney, S., Rupert, T., Wartick, M. (2017). Generational Differences in Perceptions of Tax Fairness and Attitudes Towards Compliance. Advances in Taxation, 167-201.
- Morrow, M., Rupert, T. (2015). The Effect of Federal-State Conformity on Taxpayer Decisions. Advances in Taxation, 22, 37-73.
- Rupert, T., Northeast Region of the American Accounting Association, “Editor Panel: Accounting Education Journals,” American Accounting Association, Quincy, MA. (October 15, 2016).
- Moore, R. (Presenter & Author), Rupert, T. (Author Only), Davis, A. B. (Author Only), ABO MidYear Meeting, “The Effect of Tax Expense Management and CSR Ratings on Investor Perceptions of Firm Value.,” Accounting, Behavior, and Organizations of the AAA, Albuquerque, NM. (October 8, 2016).
- Moore, R. (Presenter & Author), Rupert, T. (Author Only), Davis, A. B. (Author Only), Behavioral Tax Symposium, “The Impact of Tax Information in CSR Supplemental Reports,” George Mason University, Reston, VA. (June 4, 2016).
- Moore, R. (Presenter & Author), Rupert, T. (Author Only), Davis, A. B. (Author Only), ATA Midyear Meeting, “The Effect of Tax Expense Management and CSR Ratings on Investor Evaluations of Equity Value,” American Taxation Association, Orlando, FL. (February 27, 2016).
- Rupert, T., Northeast Region of the American Accounting Association, “Editor Panel: Accounting Education Journals,” American Accounting Association, Providence, RI. (October 24, 2015).
- PhD in Accounting, Pennsylvania State University
- MS in Taxation, University of Akron, Ohio
- BS in Accounting, University of Akron, Ohio
Research & Teaching Interests
Professor Rupert’s research interests include cognitive and decision making processes of taxpayers and tax practitioners. His research uses behavioral methodologies to examine the impact of changes in the structure of the tax system on decision making and fairness perceptions.
Services to the Profession
Professor Rupert is a member of the editorial board for the Journal of the American Taxation Association, Behavioral Research in Accounting, Advances in Taxation, and Advances in Behavioral Accounting Research.
Awards & Recognition
- University of Pretoria, Pretoria, South Africa, Department of Accounting, Extraordinary Professor (honorary appointment, July 1 2020 to June 30, 2023)
- Outstanding Service Award, American Taxation Association, 2010
- MSCPA Educator of the Year Award, 2010.
- Best Teacher Hall of Fame, Beta Gamma Sigma, Northeastern University, 2008.
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Northeastern University, 2005 & 1996