- PhD Accounting, Georgia State University
- MPH Health Care Management, Harvard University
- MPA Accounting, Georgia State University
- BA Broadcast Journalism, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
- Bruns, S., Zhang, Y., Jackson, C. (2012). Designing an effective peer-reporting system. Management Accounting Quarterly, Spring 2012.
- Bruns, S., Rupert, T., Zhang, Y. (2011). Effects of Converting Student Evaluations of Teaching from Paper to On-line Administration. Advances in Accounting Education, 12, 167-192.
- Bruns, S., Bruns, W. (2011). Beyond Problems and Cases: Discussion Materials for Accounting in Executive Programs. Journal of Executive Education, 2010.
- Bruns, S., Jackson, C., Malgwi, C. (2011). A Survey of the Supply and Scholarly Productivity of Minority Accounting Faculty. Journal of Accounting, Ethics, and Public Policy.
- Jackson, C., Bruns, S. (2011). A New Strategy for Cultivating Diversity. The CPA Journal.
Research & Teaching Interests
Bruns has research and teaching interests in healthcare management and financial control of healthcare organizations. She has also conducted research on EEC company law harmonization, consolidation of finance subsidiaries, and the use of management information.
Industry & Academic Experience
Bruns’ research in Europe for Arthur Young led to the 1984 publication of The Seventh Directive: Consolidated Accounts in Europe.
Services to the Profession
Bruns is a member of the American Accounting Association.