- MBA, University of Virginia
- BS in Business Administration, Northeastern University
Research & Teaching Interests
Mr. Swasey has research and teaching interests in applied corporate finance; financial analysis; bank lending and management; company enterprise valuation; using Excel as a working financial tool; and entrepreneurial finance.
Industry & Academic Experience
Mr. Swasey’s business experience includes four years of industrial marketing at ITT, ten years of banking at BankBoston, as well as two years at Fleet Bank. His banking experience includes venture capital, commercial lending, specialized and acquisition finance, credit management, private banking, and management of bank officer training. He has taught at the New England Banking Institute, the New England School of Banking at Williams College, Suffolk University, and Boston College’s Carroll School of Management. Mr. Swasey has done consulting work for Bank of America, Santander, Citibank, State St. Global Advisors, Citizens Bank, TD Banknorth, and Brookline Bancorp, among others.
Services to the Profession
For his institutional clients, Mr. Swasey designs custom cases and coursework and delivers seminars addressing corporate and small enterprise financial and credit analysis, individual credit and cash flow analysis, guarantor analysis, 1040 and business income tax returns, writing for credit analysis and for bank reporting, computer-modeled financial projections, corporate finance, capital markets and company valuation. The length of these seminar assignments has ranged from half-day to three-months in duration. Separately, he also engages in enterprise valuation and portfolio risk consulting for various local, regional, and global financial institutions.
Awards & Recognition
- University Excellence in Teaching Award, Northeastern University, (1999)
- Best Teacher Award, College of Business Administration, Northeastern University, (2003 & 2004)
- Best Teacher Finalist, College of Business Administration, Northeastern University. (1999-2002 & 2005)
- Inducted into Teaching Hall of Fame, College of Business Administration, Northeastern University, (2006)
- Best Teacher of the Year Award, D’Amore-McKim School of Business, (2014)
- Inducted into Best Teacher Hall of Fame, D’Amore-McKim School of Business, (2014)