- PhD in Business & Applied Economics, University of Pennsylvania-Wharton
- MBA, University of Pennsylvania-Wharton
- BS, Carnegie-Mellon University
Research & Teaching Interests
Professor Katz’s research activity is in the management of technical innovation and, particularly, the management of technical professionals and project teams.
Industry & Academic Experience
An active business consultant and lecturer, he joined the College of Business Administration in 1982 after nine years as a member of the faculty at MIT’s Sloan School of Management.
Services to the Profession
Professor Katz is currently the R&D/Innovation and Entrepreneurship Departmental Editor for Management Science. He is also the editor of Career Issues in Human Resource Management (Prentice-Hall, 1982), Managing Professionals in Innovative Organizations (Harper Business, 1988) and The Human Side of Managing Technological Innovation (Oxford University Press, 1997 and 2003). He was editorial board member for IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management and Journal of High Technology Management.
Awards & Recognition
- IRI 2005 Maurice Holland Award for best article published in 2004 in Research Technology Management.
- Corporate Grant, Master Foods. (2005).
- Corporate Grant, Arqule Inc. (2004).