- O’Kelly, Peggy (Presenter & Author), Excellence in Teaching, “Lunchbag Series: Developing an Online Course”, Ed Tech, 215 Snell Library. (February 14, 2011).
- MBA, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 1977; Graduated High Honors with a Concentration in Accounting
- BS in Economics and Management, Oakland University 1975
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant, 1979
Research & Teaching Interests
Ms. O’Kelly’s has research and teaching interests in Business Combinations, Intermediate Accounting Topics, Auditing, and Managerial Accounting.
Industry & Academic Experience
Ms. O’Kelly joined the full-time faculty of the D’Amore-McKim School of Business in 1981 after teaching part-time in the evening MBA program beginning 1979. Prior to accepting a full-time teaching position at Northeastern University, she worked as a senior financial research analyst at NStar in the Treasury Services area. Ms. O’Kelly was also employed as an audit senior at Coopers & Lybrand, now PriceWaterhouseCoopers, where she audited a variety of companies, primarily in the manufacturing, retail sales, and banking industries. She has participated in the review and editing of several financial and managerial accounting textbooks and has earned certification in online instruction.
Services to the Profession
Ms. O’Kelly has presented at the Annual Meeting of the Massachusetts Society of Women CPA’s and frequently participates in workshops and instructional information sessions within the Center for Advancing Teaching and Learning Through Research at Northeastern University. She has also served as a panelist and discussant for workshops sponsored by the Excellence in Teaching and Learning Committee in the D’Amore-McKim School of Business since 2009.
Awards & Recognition
- Winner, Best Teacher Award, Beta Gamma Sigma, D’Amore McKim School of Business, 2014.
- Winner, Best Teacher Award in the D’Amore McKim School of Business, 2011.
- Winner, University Excellence in Teaching Award, 2010.
- CBA Teacher of the Year, GE and College of Business, 2009.
- Nominee, University Excellence in Teaching Award, 2008, 2009.