Professor Caligiuri has been named as one of the most prolific authors in international business for her work in the areas of expatriate management, global leadership development, and cultural agility. Please refer to her CV for a list of her publications.
Professor Caligiuri presents at the Academy of Management, the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, and the Academy of International Business conferences.
Ph.D., Industrial/Organizational Psychology, The Pennsylvania State University
M.S., Industrial/Organizational Psychology, The Pennsylvania State University
B.A., Psychology, Canisius College
Research & Teaching Interests
Professor Caligiuri is a work psychologist dedicated to helping companies, business teams, and executives become effective in today’s complex global environment. Named as one of the most prolific authors in international business for her work in the areas of expatriate management, global leadership development, and cultural agility, Professor Caligiuri has authored or co-authored several articles and books – including Cultural Agility: Building a Pipeline of Successful Global Professionals. Her academic publications include several articles in the International Journal of Human Resource Management, Journal of World Business, Journal of Applied Psychology, Personnel Psychology, and International Journal of Intercultural Relations.
Industry & Academic Experience
Through her consulting firm, TASCA Global, Professor Caligiuri works with leading organizations on the selection and development of culturally agile students and professionals. At Northeastern University, she founded and directs the Cultural Agility Leadership Lab (the CALL Program), a corporate-sponsored international volunteerism program in partnership with the National Peace Corps Association. Prior to joining Northeastern University, Professor Caligiuri was a Professor of Human Resource Management at Rutgers University where she directed the Center for HR Strategy.
Services to the Profession
Professor Caligiuri serves as Senior Editor for the Journal of World Business, a top-ranked journal in international business. She is a Fellow of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology and a member of the Academy of Management, American Psychological Association, and Academy of International Business. She has been a frequent expert guest on CNN and CNN International.
Awards & Recognition
- Applied Science Award 2016, Institute for Cross-Cultural Management (Florida Institute of Technology)
- Named the second most prolific author in the subfield of Expatriate Management in a 2016 study (University of Oviedo, EIASM).
- Finalist (with Ahsiya Mencin and Kaifeng Jiang) for the 2013 Best Article Award in Personnel Psychology.
- Awarded (with Ibraiz Tarique) the Best Global Leadership Research published in 2012 by the Global Leadership Advancement Center.
- Awarded (with Saba Colakoglu) the 2009 Best Paper in International Human Resource Management (2nd place) by the Academy of Management.
- Awarded (with Guenter Stahl, Cheihwee Chua, Jean-Luc Cerdin, and Mami Taniguchi) the 2010 Best Paper in International Human Resource Management (2nd place) by the Academy of Management.