Paula Caligiuri is a work psychologist dedicated to helping companies, business teams, and executives become effective in today’s complex global environment. She has been named as one of the most prolific authors in international business for her work in the areas of expatriate management, global leadership development, and cultural agility.
- PhD Industrial/Organizational Psychology, The Pennsylvania State University
- MS Industrial/Organizational Psychology, The Pennsylvania State University
- BA Psychology, Canisius College
- Caligiuri, P. (2021). Building Your Cultural Agility. Kogan-Page Publishing.
- Caprar, D., Walker, B., Kim, S., & Caligiuri, P. (2021). Countercultural Management: The Underexplored Reality of Global Work, Journal of International Business Studies.
- Caligiuri, P., DeCieri, H., Minbaeva, D., Verbeke, A., Zimmermann, A. (2020). International HRM Insights for Navigating the COVID-19 Pandemic: Implications for Future Research and Practice. Journal of International Business Studies, 51, 697-713.
- Collings, D., Scullion, H., and Caligiuri, P. (Eds.) (2019) Global Talent Management. Routledge.
- Caligiuri, P., Bonache, J. (2020). The Non-Linear Relationships in Cross-Cultural Management and Global Mobility. In The SAGE Handbook of Contemporary Cross-Cultural Management. SAGE Publications.
- Caligiuri, P., DuBois, C.L.Z., Lundby, K., & Sinclair, E. (2020). Fostering international-domestic student integration through an intervention to increase cultural agility, Research in Comparative and International Education.
- Traylor, A. & Caligiuri, P. (2019). The Study Buddy Effect: Studying Abroad with a Close Friend and the Development of Cultural Agility, Research in Comparative and International Education. 14(4).
Caligiuri presents at the Academy of Management, the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, and the Academy of International Business conferences.
Research & Teaching Interests
Caligiuri is a work psychologist dedicated to helping companies, business teams, and executives become effective in today's complex global environment. Named as one of the most prolific authors in international business for her work in the areas of expatriate management, global leadership development, and cultural agility, Caligiuri has authored or co-authored several award-winning research articles and books – including her most recent, Build Your Cultural Agility. Her academic publications include several articles in the International Journal of Human Resource Management, Journal of World Business, Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of Applied Psychology, Personnel Psychology, and International Journal of Intercultural Relations. Caligiuri was named a semi-finalist for the 2021 Forbes “50 over 50” for co-founding a public benefit corporation, Skiilify, to help foster cross-cultural understanding. She is a Fellow of both the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology and the Academy of International Business.
Industry & Academic Experience
Through her consulting firm, TASCA Global, Caligiuri works with leading organizations on the selection and development of culturally agile students and professionals. At Northeastern University, she founded and directs the Cultural Agility Leadership Lab (the CALL Program), a corporate-sponsored international volunteerism program in partnership with the National Peace Corps Association. Prior to joining Northeastern, Caligiuri was a Professor of Human Resource Management at Rutgers University where she directed the Center for HR Strategy.
Services to the Profession
Caligiuri serves as Senior Editor for the Journal of World Business, a top-ranked journal in international business. She is a Fellow of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology and a member of the Academy of Management, American Psychological Association, and Academy of International Business. She has been a frequent expert guest on CNN and CNN International.
Awards & Recognition
- Awarded Silver Medal for intellectual contributions to the Journal of International Business Studies (June 2019).
- Named the second most prolific author in the field of Expatriate Management (IJHRM, 2017).
- Recipient of the Applied Science Award 2016, Institute for Cross-Cultural Management (Florida Institute of Technology).
- Finalist (with Ahsiya Mencin and Kaifeng Jiang) for the 2013 Best Article Award in Personnel Psychology.
- Awarded (with Ibraiz Tarique) the Best Global Leadership Research published in 2012 by the Global Leadership Advancement Center.
- Awarded (with Saba Colakoglu) the 2009 Best Paper in International Human Resource Management (2nd place) by the Academy of Management.
- Awarded (with Guenter Stahl, Cheihwee Chua, Jean-Luc Cerdin, and Mami Taniguchi) the 2010 Best Paper in International Human Resource Management (2nd place) by the Academy of Management.