- Boone, T., Ganeshan, R., Hicks, R. & Sanders, N.R. “Can Google Trends Improve Your Sales Forecast?” Production and Operations Management, forthcoming, 2018.
- Gu, T., Sanders, N.R and A. Venkateswaran, “CEO Incentives and Customer-Supplier Relations,” Production and Operations Management, Vol. 26, No. 9, 2017, 1705-1727.
- Sanders, N.R., “How to Use Big Data to Drive Your Supply Chain,” California Management Review, Volume 58, No. 3, 2016, 26-48.
- Sanders, N. R. and G. Graman, “Impact of Bias Magnification on Supply Chain Costs: The Mitigating Role of Forecast Sharing,” Decision Sciences, Volume 47, No. 5, 2016, 881-906.
- Sanders, N.R., Zach, Z.G., and B. Fugate, “Interdisciplinary Research (IDR) in SCM: Through the Lens of the Behavioral Theory of the Firm (BTF), Journal of Business Logistics, Volume 37 (2), 2016, 107-112.
- Sanders, N.R. “Forecasting: State-of-the-Art in Research and Practice” in Routledge Companion for Production and Operations Management (POM), Martin Starr and Sushil Gupta, 2016, forthcoming.
- Supply Chain Management: A Global Perspective, 2nd edition, John Wiley & Sons, 2017.
- Forecasting Fundamentals, Business Expert Press, 2016.
- Foundations of Sustainable Business, John Wiley & Sons, 2014 (with John D. Wood).
- Big Data Driven Supply Chain Management, FT Pearson, 2014.
- “The Intelligent Supply Chain,” Keynote, 15th Annual TCU Supply Chain Conference, April 12, 2017.
- “Emerging Research Trends: What are the Next Big Research Opportunities in our Field?” CSCMP Conference, September, 2016.
- “Big Data in Supply Chain Management,” Production and Operations Management Society, May, 2016.
- “Sourcing in the Analytics Driven Economy,” Production and Operations Management Society, May, 2016.
- “Big Data and Analytics Driving Supply Management,” Keynote, Procurement Leaders Americas Conference, May, 2015.
- Ph. D., The Ohio State University, Fisher College of Business
- M.B.A., The Ohio State University, Fisher College of Business
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Franklin University
Research & Teaching Interests
Dr. Sanders is an internationally recognized expert in forecasting, predictive analytics, risk management, and supply chain management. Her research includes identifying best practices in forecasting, developing a corporate technology strategy, and creating a resilient supply chain. Her teaching includes advanced supply chain management problems, supply chain strategy, supply chain analytics, and forecasting. She has taught at a wide range of academic levels, primarily at the MBA and Executive MBA levels, and has designed multiple successful MBA programs
Industry & Academic Experience
Dr. Sanders has held a range of leadership roles in both academic and professional organizations and has served on numerous Executive Boards. She has provided training and consulting to a range of Fortune 500 companies, including IDG, Nike, AT&T, CIBA Corning, Mattel, MTC Corp., Dell, and many others. She is a frequently called upon keynote speaker and expert witness having worked with firms such as Jones Day; Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease; Quinn, Emanuel, Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP and others.
Services to the Profession
Dr. Sanders is Co-Editor of Production and Operations Management (POM), Special Issue “Big Data Driven Supply Chain Management” (2017); Co-Editor of International Journal of Forecasting (IJF), Special Issue “Big Data Driven Forecasting in Supply Chain Management” (2017) and Co-Editor of Journal of Business Logistics (JBL), Special Issue “Sustainable Supply Chains in a Digital Interconnected World,” (2017). She was Co-Editor of Journal of Business Logistics, Special Issue “Using Interdisciplinary Research to Address Contemporary SCM Problems,” Volume 37 (2), 2016. She also serves as Associate Editor of the Decision Sciences Journal, Journal of Business Logistics, and International Journal of Forecasting. She was co-founder and Associate Editor of Foresight: The International Journal of Applied Forecasting, a journal of the International Institute of Forecasters(www.forecasters.org), 2004 – 2010. She also serves on the Selects Committee for the annual INFORMS Analytics Conference.
Awards & Recognition
- Distinguished Professor of Supply Chain Management, 2014 – Present
- Iacocca Chair and Professor of Supply Chain Management, Lehigh University (2009 – 2014)
- West Chair and Professor in Supply Chain Management, M. J. Neeley School of Business, TCU, (2007 – 2009)
- Beidelman Research Award, Lehigh University (2012)
- MBA Professor of the Year, Lehigh University (2012)
- Fellow, Decision Sciences Institute (2008)
- Invited participant at The Gordon Cook Conversations at Windsor Castle; This retreat brought together a small group of international leaders identified to have ‘star quality’ in order to develop strategies to impact society in the coming decade; Windsor Castle, Windsor, UK, May, 2008 (www.gordoncookconversations.com)