- Huselid, M. A., & Becker, B. E. (2010). Bridging micro and macro domains: Workforce differentiation and strategic human resource management. Journal of Management.
- Becker, B. E., Huselid, M. A., & Beatty, R. W. (2009). The differentiated workforce: Transforming talent into strategic impact. Harvard Business Press.
- Becker, B. E., & Huselid, M. A. (2006). Strategic human resources management: where do we go from here? Journal of Management, 32(6), 898-925.
- Huselid, M. A., Becker, B. E., & Beatty, R. W. (2005). The workforce scorecard: Managing human capital to execute strategy. Harvard Business Review Press.
- Huselid, M. A., Beatty, R. W., & Becker, B. E. (2005). ‘A players’ or ‘A positions’? Harvard Business Review, 83(12), 110-117.
- Huselid, M.A. and Beatty, R.W. Keynote. The Next Leadership Scorecard. Eventa Annual Conference. Princeton, NJ. May 31, 2012.
- Huselid, M.A. Keynote. The Differentiated Workforce: Transforming Talent Into Strategic Impact. GlaxoSmithKline HR Executive Annual Meeting. November 16, 2011.
- Huselid, M.A. Keynote. The Differentiated Workforce: Transforming Talent Into Strategic Impact. The Fifth Third Bank Annual Conference. October 18, 2011.
- Huselid, M.A. Keynote. The Differentiated Workforce: Transforming Talent Into Strategic Impact. Caesars Entertainment Leadership Summit. August 30, 2011.
- Huselid, M.A. Keynote. The Differentiated Workforce: Transforming Talent Into Strategic Impact. InfoHRM/Successfactors Annual Conference, Sydney Australia. August 24, 2011.
- PhD in Organization and Human Resources State University of New York at Buffalo
- MBA, The University of Kansas
- MA in Industrial and Organizational Psychology, The University of Kansas
- BA in Psychology, California State University, Fresno
Research & Teaching Interests
Dr. Huselid’s current academic research and consulting activities focus on the linkages between HR management systems, corporate strategy, and firm performance. In addition, he also has an active research and consulting program focused on the development of balanced measurement systems to reflect the contribution of the workforce, workforce management systems, and the HR management function to business success. He has published numerous articles on these topics in outlets such as the Academy of Management Journal, Administrative Science Quarterly, Harvard Business Review, Human Resource Management Journal, Human Resource Planning, Industrial Relations, Journal of Applied Psychology, Journal of Management, Organizational Dynamics, Personnel Psychology, and Research in Personnel and Human Resource Management.
Industry & Academic Experience
Prior to joining Northeastern, Huselid was Distinguished Professor of HR Strategy in the School of Management and Labor Relations (SMLR) at Rutgers University. He was also the Editor of the Human Resource Management Journal from 2000 – 2004, and is a current or former member of the editorial boards of numerous journals. Huselid also served on the Board of Directors of the Society for Human Resource Management Foundation from and as member of the Executive Committee of the Human Resource Management Division of the Academy of Management. He currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Founder’s Affiliate of the American Heart Association.
Awards & Recognition
- Huselid is among the most frequently cited scholars in the field of management, and has authored the most frequently cited article in the history of the prestigious Academy of Management Journal (1958-2014).
- Recipient, 2012 SUNY Buffalo School of Management Distinguished Alumnus Award.
- Recipient, 2011 Journal of Management Best Paper Award.