Ashley researches topics including pricing and revenue management, supply chain sustainability, and the effect of strategic consumer behavior on operational decision-making.
She has experience teaching supply chain management, statistics, and analytics at the MBA and undergraduate levels and has developed new courses to expand the business analytics curriculum at D’Amore-McKim.
- PhD Operations Management, University of California, Berkeley
- MS Business Administration, University of California, Berkeley
- BA Economics, Northwestern University
Industry and Academic Experience
Ashley has an industry background in management consulting and has worked with multiple start-up companies to develop and improve their pricing strategies. Prior to joining D’amore McKim at Northeastern, she was an Assistant Professor at the Feliciano School of Business at Montclair State University.
Services to the Profession
Ashley has served as a reviewer for journals and conferences including Management Science, Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education, and the International Conference on Information Systems.
Awards and Recognition
- Bradley Outstanding Impact Service Award, Feliciano School of Business, Montclair State University, 2018
- Crawford Memorial Dissertation Fellowship, Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley, 2015
- Dean’s Research Fellowship, Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley, 2013
- Eugene Cota-Robles Fellowship, Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley, 2010-2012
- Ashley, K. (2019). Competitive Dynamic Pricing with Customers’ Reference Price. Annual Conference of the Decision Sciences Institute, New Orleans, LA, November.
- Ashley, K. (2019). Competitive Dynamic Pricing with Customers’ Reference Price. POMS Annual Meeting, Washington, DC, May.
- Ashley, K. (2018). Importance of Course Relevance to Enhance Learning in Business Statistics. Annual Conference of the Decision Sciences Institute, Chicago, IL, November.