- Hurtt, K., Brown-Liburd, H., Earley, C., Krishnamoorthy, G. (2013). Research on Auditor Professional Skepticism- Literature Synthesis and Opportunities for Future Research. Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory.
- Krishnamoorthy, G., Wright, A., Cohen, J., Peytcheva, M. (2013). How Does the Strength of the Financial Regulatory Regime Influence Auditors’ Judgments to Constrain Aggressive Reporting in a Principles-Based Versus Rules-Based Accounting Environment? Accounting Horizons, 579-601.
- Boston College, J. C., Australian National University, C. H., Krishnamoorthy, G., University of New South Wales, G. M., Wright, A. (2013). The Effectiveness of SOX Regulation: An Interview Study of Corporate Directors. Behavioral Research in Accounting, 61-88.
- Krishnamoorthy, G., Wright, A., Cohen, J., Gaynor, L. (2011). The Impact on Auditor Judgments of CEO Influence on Audit Committee Independence. Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory, November, 129-147.
- Cohen, J., Krishnamoorthy, G., Wright, A. (2010). Corporate Governance in the Post Sarbanes-Oxley Era: Auditors’ Experiences. Contemporary Accounting Research, 27(3), 751-786.
- Krishnamoorthy, Ganesh, Research Workshop, “The Effects of Professional and Social Ties Between the CEO and Audit Committee on Investor Decision Making”, Bentley University. (November 2013).
- Krishnamoorthy, Ganesh (Presenter Only), Research Showcase, “Corporate Governance & Financial Reporting Quality”, D’Amore-McKim School of Business, Boston. (October 2013).
- Cohen, Jeff (Presenter & Author), Krishnamoorthy, Ganesh (Author Only), Wright, Arnold, AAA Annual Meeting, “Enterprise Risk Management and the Financial Reporting Process: The Experiences of Audit Committee Members, CFOs and External Auditors”, American Accounting Association, Anaheim, CA. (August 2013).
- Krishnamoorthy, Ganesh (Presenter & Author), Invited Global Scholar, “Several papers presented to Ph.D. students”, Kennesaw State University, Atlanta, GA. (March 10, 2013).
- Krishnamoorthy, Ganesh (Presenter & Author), Midyear Meeting of the Auditing Section (AAA), “The Effects of Professional and Social Ties Between the CEO and Audit Committee on Investors’ Judgments of Audit Committee Effectiveness”, American Accounting Association, New Orleans, LA. (January 2013).
- PhD Accounting, University of Southern California, Los Angeles
- MS Accounting, Bowling Green State University, Ohio
- Master in Commerce, University of Delhi, India
- Professional accounting certification in the US (CPA) and in India (CA)
Research & Teaching Interests
His primary areas of research interest include corporate governance, audit judgment, and internal auditing.
Industry & Academic Experience
Professor Krishnamoorthy has extensive work experience in public accounting and in industry that spans several countries including India, Liberia (West Africa), and the United States.
Services to the Profession
Professor Krishnamoorthy is a member of several editorial boards, including the American Accounting Association, the Journal of Business Research, the International Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Performance Evaluation, and the International Journal of Auditing. He has served as an invited panelist at several national and international forums including the Boston Stock Exchange, US Federation of Schools of Accountancy, the American Accounting Association, among others.
Awards & Recognition
- Nominee, NU Excellence in Teaching Award, 2013.
- Recipient, AAA Auditing Section 2012 Notable Contribution to the Auditing Literature Award for his paper with Arnold Wright and Jeff Cohen entitled, “Corporate Governance and the Audit Process” which appeared in Contemporary Accounting Research in 2002.
- Harold A. Mock Professorship, Northeastern University, Accounting Group. (September 2009).