- Mr. Sherman gives annual professional education presentations to many organizations and companies, which recently include Perdue Farms, EMC, Partners Healthcare, and Manulife Financial.
- MS in Taxation, Bentley University
- MBA in Finance, Amos Tuck School – Dartmouth College
- BA in Economics, Harvard University
Research & Teaching Interests
Professor Sherman’s research and teaching interests are in the area of working capital management and corporate finance.
Industry & Academic Experience
Prior to joining the Finance faculty at the D’Amore-McKim School of Business at Northeastern University, Mr. Sherman has been involved with a number of non-profit organizations. He was Chief Financial Officer of Chelsea Neighborhood Housing Services, Inc.; Treasurer and Director of Chelsea Human Services Collaborative and of New England Light Opera. Mr. Sherman has been a Partner and CFO of Venture Builders, an advisory firm dedicated to helping entrepreneurs build successful businesses. He is the principal of his own consulting firm, which provides strategic and operational planning assistance, and financial management guidance to a number of smaller, growing businesses. Mr. Sherman was CFO of a building products manufacturer and previously of a shoe parts manufacturing company. He has also been controller of two successful textile manufacturers. Mr. Sherman has more than twenty-five years of financial management experience in executive positions at several manufacturing and service companies. He has worked for businesses from very small to Fortune 50 companies, from private to publicly held, from domestic to multi-national to foreign-owned. For twenty-five years, until 1997, he served on the Board of Directors of a NASDAQ traded foam plastics fabricator.
Services to the Profession
Mr. Sherman is a member of several professional organizations, including AICPA, Massachusetts Society of CPAs, Rhode Island Society of CPAs, and Financial Executives International.
Awards & Recognition
- Nominee, Excellence in Teaching Award, Northeastern University (2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
- Finalist, Best Teacher Award, Northeastern University, College of Business Administration (2004)