- Mitteness, C. R., Baucus, M., Norton, W. W. Establishing Cognitive Legitimacy in Emerging Organizations: The Role of Prestige. Journal of Small Business Strategy, 23(1), 71-91.
- Mitteness, C. R., Baucus, M., Sudek, R. Horse vs. Jockey? How Investment Opportunity Beliefs and Industry Experience Affect Angel Investing Decisions. Venture Capital: An international journal of entrepreneurial finance., 14(4), 241-267.
- Mitteness, C. R., Cardon, M., Sudek, R. (2012). The Importance Angels Place on Passion when Making Investment Decisions: Why does it matter to some and not all angels? Journal of Business Venturing, 27(5), 592-606.
- PhD in Entrepreneurship, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky
- MBA with a concentration in Real Estate Research, St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud, Minnesota
- Bachelor of Science degree in Real Estate, St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud, Minnesota
Industry & Academic Experience
Professor Mitteness served as an underwriter for United Guaranty, St. Louis Park, MN. She also held an Instructor position at St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud, Minnesota.
Services to the Profession
Prior to joining Northeastern University, Professor Mitteness served as Member of Management Minor Development Committee in University of Louisville’s College of Business. She also served as Member of College of Business Assessment Committee, Member of College of Business Teaching Enhancement Committee and Member of Finance, Insurance and Real Estate Scholarship Committee at St. Cloud State University.
Awards & Recognition
- Selected Participant in the 2008 BCERC (Babson College Entrepreneurship Research Conference) Doctoral Consortium Program, Chapel Hill, NC.
- Selected Participant in the 2008 Academy of Management Entrepreneurship Division Doctoral Consortium Program, Anaheim, CA.
- Recipient of a graduate fellowship, University of Louisville, 2005-2006 and 2006-2007. Member Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society since Fall 1995.