- MA, Political Communication, Emerson College
- BA, Communication, University of Massachusetts at Amherst
- BA, Political Science, University of Massachusetts at Amherst
Research & Teaching Interests
Chad O’Connor’s teaching in Marketing at DMSB focuses on strategies of brand building via the integrated marketing mix of tools, including how advertising and public relations evolve to capitalize on emerging digital marketing platforms. He bridges his integrated communication perspective with his other teaching in organizational culture and crisis communication.
Industry & Academic Experience
Since joining Northeastern in 2010, Chad O’Connor teaches Advertising, Organizational Culture, and Crisis Communication in multiple programs at the university. Previously, he taught in Communication at Emerson College. He works as a consultant globally and was contributing editor of the Global Business Hub blog on The Boston Globe’s Boston.com.
Services to the Profession
Chad O’Connor mentors startups in IDEA, Northeastern’s accelerator program, and the broader Venture Mentor Network. He serves on the advisory board of Leading Cities, a smart cities focused nonprofit, assisting on their forthcoming accelerator program. He also volunteers on startup initiatives with MITX (Massachusetts Innovation & Technology Exchange).
Awards & Recognition
- Excellence in Teaching Award nominee, Northeastern University, 2014
- Excellence in Teaching Award nominee, Northeastern University, 2012